A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications

Hi All,
I am looking for users with experience with OBD, green menu. I used to have A4 and changed an of features on it.

I want to see how far I can go with it for example.

1) The internal lights. I have a white footwell light and door card lights; I am wondering if there is a software MOD to be able to change them do different colours. I believe this is possible as it’s the same lights in my friends SEAT and he can.

2) I have electronic seats, in a curtsey car I had (A8) you could change the seats from the MMI, mine is disabled.

3) The wonderful GREEN MENU? Does it exist in the C8? I have the virtual cockpit.

4) HUD – my car does not have this but I can get one from eBay for £300, its works with my car and I should be able to enable it with OBD, is there any issues or problems we can think of.

5) I have no spare tyre in the car but have a small subwoofer where the tyre is, can this be upgraded?

I know its general stuff but I am always looking.

Ian

Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jennoian
Hi All,
I am looking for users with experience with OBD, green menu. I used to have A4 and changed an of features on it.

I want to see how far I can go with it for example.

1) The internal lights. I have a white footwell light and door card lights; I am wondering if there is a software MOD to be able to change them do different colours. I believe this is possible as it’s the same lights in my friends SEAT and he can.

2) I have electronic seats, in a curtsey car I had (A8) you could change the seats from the MMI, mine is disabled.

3) The wonderful GREEN MENU? Does it exist in the C8? I have the virtual cockpit.

4) HUD – my car does not have this but I can get one from eBay for £300, its works with my car and I should be able to enable it with OBD, is there any issues or problems we can think of.

5) I have no spare tyre in the car but have a small subwoofer where the tyre is, can this be upgraded?

I know its general stuff but I am always looking.

Ian
I don’t think that the C8 has a green menu, it went away in 2016 in the USA.
2 Getting a car to curtsey must be an EU thing!
4 HUD requires a different windshield and programming (and maybe wiring too).
5 Upgrading a subwoofer to a tire is a trick that not even the Germans can do.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DB22,

Its just some ideas really bought a ODBeleven to see what i can do but its not much, maybe because its so new?

Well i think the germans have tried to do something with my spare wheel look what they have given me instead of one, fools.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382746798513

i did not know it needs another windshield for the HUD, thats frustrating as the hole is there if i take the plastic off the dashboard and what i think is a connector port is located just below.

please let me know if you have any ideas.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jennoian
Thanks DB22,

Its just some ideas really bought a ODBeleven to see what i can do but its not much, maybe because its so new?

Well i think the germans have tried to do something with my spare wheel look what they have given me instead of one, fools.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382746798513

i did not know it needs another windshield for the HUD, thats frustrating as the hole is there if i take the plastic off the dashboard and what i think is a connector port is located just below.

please let me know if you have any ideas.
A search on the C7 forum will show that HUD has been added but most people that bought a C8 and wanted HUD probably bought one with it. Research with a dealer maybe your only option for a while.