A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

New A6 Avant

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen the articles also and it does seem more real this time, except every reference to an Avant for the US is an A6 Allroad.

While I'd be happy to see an Avant here, my question for Audi is why can't we have an unmolested plain-old Avant? Not a SUV wanna be?

All of the fans of SUVs (bless their misguided souls) are not forced to get a "wagonized" SUV, so why would Avant enthusiasts be forced to get an SUV-ized Wagon?

While the C5 Allroads were cool, to bring a C8 A6 Allroad misses the entire point of bringing anything under the Avant moniker.
At some point, Audi should know that Avant lovers are loud (if a small number) and the goodwill that would be generated for the brand in the US would likely outweigh any less than stellar economic performance.

I don't need an RS6 or S6 Avant (and probably can't afford one). But how about a nice "regular" A6 Avant (loaded of course with every possible option).

Mercedes sells that ugly E class and has for years. And they don't sell many. Why not one for our team, Liebe Audi AG? Despite the ugliness, I've considered one.

Even Volvo has made the non-cross country V90 at least an order only option. (Though a 4-cyl in such a car, regardless of the power, seems to cheapen it too much).
Old 02-04-2019, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sieben
I've seen the articles also and it does seem more real this time, except every reference to an Avant for the US is an A6 Allroad.

While I'd be happy to see an Avant here, my question for Audi is why can't we have an unmolested plain-old Avant? Not a SUV wanna be?

All of the fans of SUVs (bless their misguided souls) are not forced to get a "wagonized" SUV, so why would Avant enthusiasts be forced to get an SUV-ized Wagon?

While the C5 Allroads were cool, to bring a C8 A6 Allroad misses the entire point of bringing anything under the Avant moniker.
At some point, Audi should know that Avant lovers are loud (if a small number) and the goodwill that would be generated for the brand in the US would likely outweigh any less than stellar economic performance.

I don't need an RS6 or S6 Avant (and probably can't afford one). But how about a nice "regular" A6 Avant (loaded of course with every possible option).

Mercedes sells that ugly E class and has for years. And they don't sell many. Why not one for our team, Liebe Audi AG? Despite the ugliness, I've considered one.

Even Volvo has made the non-cross country V90 at least an order only option. (Though a 4-cyl in such a car, regardless of the power, seems to cheapen it too much).
Seeing is believing but I have hopes the RS6 will make it here. Car buzz article points in that direction.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sieben says:
"I don't need an RS6 or S6 Avant (and probably can't afford one). But how about a nice "regular" A6 Avant (loaded of course with every possible option)."
That's exactly where I'm at. Here's hoping!
Eric
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

If they offered the S6 Avant 4 years ago I'd be driving one today! This gives me a good reason to wait it out and see what comes in 2020/2021. Very exciting news.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I signed the petition, and while I'm making wishes, how about some colors other than black and white and shades of gray? Cactus green mica on my 1998 A4 Avant was really nice for example.