A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Park Lights Stays-on

Old 03-02-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Park Lights Stays-on

While on the auto mode, the park lights (LED's) on my car stays on all night until morning. This is not all of the time, but a lot. Is this normal?
-Al
Old 03-02-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No, that doesn't seem normal to me. Not happening in my garage. Are you locking the vehicle after you leave it? That should turn all lights off.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
No, that doesn't seem normal to me. Not happening in my garage. Are you locking the vehicle after you leave it? That should turn all lights off.
When I lock the doors, the park lights stays on until morning.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by "BigAl"

When I lock the doors, the park lights stays on until morning.
All the lights should eventually turn off after 30 seconds (default) if your car is turned off and locked. I would get it checked out.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013

All the lights should eventually turn off after 30 seconds (default) if your car is turned off and locked. I would get it checked out.
Ok, because that's not happening. The head lights go off, but the park lights stayed-on until the next morning: no problem with the battery though.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have your lights set to auto?? If not then maybe you manually had it set to have the parking lights on...which I would expect it though beep at you letting you know you left the lights one. I've only had mine on auto.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
. I've only had mine on auto.
Same here. I set it and forget it on auto, but the park lights stays-on over night at random. I put only 2k miles on this new car. I guess this is a bug.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Same here. I set it and forget it on auto, but the park lights stays-on over night at random. I put only 2k miles on this new car. I guess this is a bug.
Different countries have different rules regarding parking lights. If you don’t put your location under your logon name then you can expect answers that don’t apply to your situation.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DB22

Different countries have different rules regarding parking lights. If you don’t put your location under your logon name then you can expect answers that don’t apply to your situation.
... got it!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Make sure you haven't accidentally engaged the parking lights (using them as "real" parking lights!!) via the turn indicator. This is the function used for when the car is parked for some time near the edge of a (not well lit) road, and the lights need to be left on for the duration. Check your manual too.

Center the turn indicator stalk next time this happens, and see if it cancels them. Otherwise sounds like a malfunction, but that would be very rare.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Park Lights Stays-on