AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   S6 Prestige (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/s6-prestige-2970291/)

murf1 04-09-2019 07:18 AM

S6 Prestige

Moving from BMW to Audi in the next month or so...any big differences between MY 16,17, and 18? Looking for a Prestige, so just curious.

I am new around here, so I did some searching and it seems that steering wheel bottom is flat on newer models and tail lights are a bit different (internally) on the 18? I could be wrong...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DB22 04-09-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by murf1 (Post 25301079)
Moving from BMW to Audi in the next month or so...any big differences between MY 16,17, and 18? Looking for a Prestige, so just curious.

I am new around here, so I did some searching and it seems that steering wheel bottom is flat on newer models and tail lights are a bit different (internally) on the 18? I could be wrong...

Options around the world vary so without posting your location under your logon name then answers will be misleading.

murf1 04-09-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 25301281)
Options around the world vary so without posting your location under your logon name then answers will be misleading.

Great point. I am located in the US

DB22 04-09-2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by murf1 (Post 25301285)
Great point. I am located in the US

put location under your logon name so you won’t have to write it every time.

DB22 04-09-2019 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by murf1 (Post 25301079)

Flat bottom wheel is a sport or competition option.
Tail lights are still crap as Audi doesn’t do the sequencing turn signals in amber.
Definitely go for the prestige.
Just because the models look the same, they can be very different. Check for options and obviously go for the newest.
I have frequently found financing new can be about the same payment as a secondhand car due to better financing rates.
Many people absolutely recommend a CPO.

murf1 04-10-2019 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 25301341)
Tail lights are still crap as Audi doesn’t do the sequencing turn signals in amber.
Just because the models look the same, they can be very different. Check for options and obviously go for the newest.
I have frequently found financing new can be about the same payment as a secondhand car due to better financing rates.

Thank you for the great info. I was hoping the turn signals would be sequencing, boo. I definitely will go Prestige. I am looking forward to trying out Audi. Was a long time Benz guy, E550, E63, S63, then to BMW to try something different. Will post pictures when I find what I want! Thanks again!

John Simcox 04-11-2019 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by murf1 (Post 25301538)
Thank you for the great info. I was hoping the turn signals would be sequencing, boo. I definitely will go Prestige. I am looking forward to trying out Audi. Was a long time Benz guy, E550, E63, S63, then to BMW to try something different. Will post pictures when I find what I want! Thanks again!

Your initial post suggests you are buying used, just so you are aware this section of the forum is for the MY19 car (one with touch screed centre console etc)and known by its chassis designation as the C8 whilst you are most likely looking to get the previous model known as the C7. Whilst many on the C8 forum have also had a C7 (and even C6 and C5) you will finbd greater responses to your question on the C7 section. Good luck in finding the right car for yourself

murf1 04-11-2019 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by John Simcox (Post 25301999)
Your initial post suggests you are buying used, just so you are aware this section of the forum is for the MY19 car (one with touch screed centre console etc)and known by its chassis designation as the C8 whilst you are most likely looking to get the previous model known as the C7. Whilst many on the C8 forum have also had a C7 (and even C6 and C5) you will finbd greater responses to your question on the C7 section. Good luck in finding the right car for yourself

Ahh, oops. Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't kidding when I said I was new ahaha.

VMAustin 04-14-2019 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 25301341)

Can you help me what CPO stands for?

VMAustin 04-14-2019 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by VMAustin (Post 25303220)
Can you help me what CPO stands for?

Thanks