A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

S6 Prestige

Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 Prestige

Moving from BMW to Audi in the next month or so...any big differences between MY 16,17, and 18? Looking for a Prestige, so just curious.

I am new around here, so I did some searching and it seems that steering wheel bottom is flat on newer models and tail lights are a bit different (internally) on the 18? I could be wrong...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by murf1
Moving from BMW to Audi in the next month or so...any big differences between MY 16,17, and 18? Looking for a Prestige, so just curious.

I am new around here, so I did some searching and it seems that steering wheel bottom is flat on newer models and tail lights are a bit different (internally) on the 18? I could be wrong...

Options around the world vary so without posting your location under your logon name then answers will be misleading.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Options around the world vary so without posting your location under your logon name then answers will be misleading.
Great point. I am located in the US
Old 04-09-2019, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Great point. I am located in the US
put location under your logon name so you won’t have to write it every time.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Flat bottom wheel is a sport or competition option.
Tail lights are still crap as Audi doesn’t do the sequencing turn signals in amber.
Definitely go for the prestige.
Just because the models look the same, they can be very different. Check for options and obviously go for the newest.
I have frequently found financing new can be about the same payment as a secondhand car due to better financing rates.
Many people absolutely recommend a CPO.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tail lights are still crap as Audi doesn’t do the sequencing turn signals in amber.
Just because the models look the same, they can be very different. Check for options and obviously go for the newest.
I have frequently found financing new can be about the same payment as a secondhand car due to better financing rates.
Thank you for the great info. I was hoping the turn signals would be sequencing, boo. I definitely will go Prestige. I am looking forward to trying out Audi. Was a long time Benz guy, E550, E63, S63, then to BMW to try something different. Will post pictures when I find what I want! Thanks again!
Old 04-11-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 154 Posts

Thank you for the great info. I was hoping the turn signals would be sequencing, boo. I definitely will go Prestige. I am looking forward to trying out Audi. Was a long time Benz guy, E550, E63, S63, then to BMW to try something different. Will post pictures when I find what I want! Thanks again!
Your initial post suggests you are buying used, just so you are aware this section of the forum is for the MY19 car (one with touch screed centre console etc)and known by its chassis designation as the C8 whilst you are most likely looking to get the previous model known as the C7. Whilst many on the C8 forum have also had a C7 (and even C6 and C5) you will finbd greater responses to your question on the C7 section. Good luck in finding the right car for yourself
Old 04-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Your initial post suggests you are buying used, just so you are aware this section of the forum is for the MY19 car (one with touch screed centre console etc)and known by its chassis designation as the C8 whilst you are most likely looking to get the previous model known as the C7. Whilst many on the C8 forum have also had a C7 (and even C6 and C5) you will finbd greater responses to your question on the C7 section. Good luck in finding the right car for yourself
Ahh, oops. Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't kidding when I said I was new ahaha.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Can you help me what CPO stands for?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VMAustin
Can you help me what CPO stands for?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S6 Prestige