A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A6 Avant 2.7 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm now changing tires to 205/55r16. I was unable to remove the wheels at home but, the guy at the shop did it with a single blow.

​​​​
Old 07-29-2017, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep. Guarantee it's not the first time he has seen this.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Meanwhile parts are starting to arrive.
Oil filter and N75 valve.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK, so some more good news today.
Finally received the Bentley book and also 3rd stop (3rd stop is not working and is annoying).
However my excitement reduced drastically after checking that my engine is not covered by the Bentley manual.
I should have an AJK engine and 2.7t covered are APB and BEL. Does anyone knows the difference?

Also while at the tire shop I've asked for the guy to measure the rotors he told me 330 at the front and 280 at the rear. This couldn't be correct because there's no way that the rear rotors are bigger than my civic front rotors.
While picking up the 3rd stop at AUDI I've asked for the part number for brakes and it seems that they are 320 at the front and 255 at the rear. (rotors and pads would be 700USD from Audi lol)

Old 07-31-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I would recommend you look for after market rotors and pads, especially now that you have the correct information. After market will usually indicate original part number. Definitely won't cost $700. Audi quoted me $480 for the rears on my car and I got the parts (pads and rotors) for around $200. Same with the fronts a little later. Basically did their $1000 job for around $400. I enjoy the work so labor cost isn't figured in. I've done this more than once. They wanted $450 to change the serpentine belt (not the timing belt). I did it in my garage in around 40 minutes, and the new belt from NAPA was around $45.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Harleyguy
I would recommend you look for after market rotors and pads, especially now that you have the correct information. After market will usually indicate original part number. Definitely won't cost $700. Audi quoted me $480 for the rears on my car and I got the parts (pads and rotors) for around $200. Same with the fronts a little later. Basically did their $1000 job for around $400. I enjoy the work so labor cost isn't figured in. I've done this more than once. They wanted $450 to change the serpentine belt (not the timing belt). I did it in my garage in around 40 minutes, and the new belt from NAPA was around $45.
Yes that's the Idea, most of the easy maintnance I do it myself with parts bought online. I usually go for good relation quality/price , or depending on application I can buy a better quality one .
Old 08-07-2017, 08:25 AM
TFT
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyguy
I bought my rotors and pads through Autoanything, good prices and free shipping.

Oops, I just notices you are in Portugal, so my suggestion probably doesn't apply.

Last edited by TFT; 08-07-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TFT
I bought my rotors and pads through Autoanything, good prices and free shipping.

Oops, I just notices you are in Portugal, so my suggestion probably doesn't apply.
Thanks for the reply .
I have to buy everything inside the EU otherwise I might pay more for taxes than the parts (I've once payed something like 20$ for a civic cluster from Japan and was charged 80$ of customs fees).
It's a shame because it seems that there's lot of US quality parts for AUDI cars.

Anyway for parts like rotors , pads , suspension arms etc I usually buy at https://www.autopecasonline24.pt/ that's a portuguese front end for a german based store https://www.autodoc.de/

Last edited by drpancho; 08-07-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Cluster vs speedo, not sure on correct name
Old 08-19-2017, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK, changed the oil. It was kind of hard to remove the oil filter, but I was really pleased because it was very accessible and I was able to change the oil without raising the car. This should make future maintenance very very easy.

In the meantime I was going to replace the N75 valve but the one I got from Audi is not the correct one. I am now putting the old one back. Does anyone know what valve is this? I've emailed AUDI let's see what they reply.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also changed rear brake light. It's now working without annoying warning sounds.

Quick Reply: A6 Avant 2.7 Quattro