A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A6 C5 not moving after 5HP19 REBUILD

Old 02-16-2019, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 C5 not moving after 5HP19 REBUILD

Hi,

I need your help.

After 5HP19 Rebuild, Clutches and metal discs changed, and oil pump, torque rebuild, now after putting 9L of oil it's leaking oil between engine and 5HP19, well.... what should I do?

I've filled about 9L of oil and it still allow me to put more oil and car is not moving, it moved a bit and speed up but now it isn't. (Filling oil, engine running)

R and D it's not doing anything. It just moves transmissions when in elevator without wheels.

I checked diagnostic and transmission is free of errors, all is good.

I really don't understand and disesperating.

All is new.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you align your gear box oil pump with your TC? Try to remember if you had to use force to join engine and gearbox.
If so, you broke the 2 tabs on your gearbox oil pump while using that force and you lost oil pressure.
You still have your old oil pump for parts?

Check msg#14 for a visual:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...2869809/page2/
Old 04-14-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Campbel
Did you align your gear box oil pump with your TC? Try to remember if you had to use force to join engine and gearbox.
If so, you broke the 2 tabs on your gearbox oil pump while using that force and you lost oil pressure.
You still have your old oil pump for parts?

Check msg#14 for a visual:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...2869809/page2/
Engine was out and I joined engine with gearbox. It may be damaged?
Old 05-01-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good chance when installing the TC you did not get it correctly installed. I did this in 2009 with a B5 S4 so I know first hand! Instructions below: In addition to the below I recall other instructions telling you to rotate it many times till it drops all the way in. Only way to be sure is to measure. (2004 Allroad with 4.2 instructions) Report back with your f

Torque Converter, Installing

Special tools and workshop equipment required
t Depth gauge
Work procedure
– Press torque converter hub through oil seal as far as first stop.
– Press torque converter into bell housing by hand until converter hub engages in cut-outs in inner gear of ATF pump. The torque converter must slide in noticeably.

When the torque converter is inserted correctly, the distance between the surface of the securing eye and the surface of the converter bell housing is at least 23 mm.
If the torque converter is not fully inserted, this distance is approximately 11 mm.
Caution
If the torque converter is not properly installed, the drive lugs on the torque converter and the ATF pump will be severely damaged when the transmission is attached to the engine.

Note the following when installing the transmission.
Caution
Before and during fastening the bolts of the engine/transmission flange, check that the torque converter can still be turned behind the drive plate. If the torque converter cannot be turned, it must be assumed that it has not been installed properly and that the coupling plate of the torque converter or the ATF pump will be destroyed during final tightening of the bolts.

Note the following when installing the transmission.
Caution
Before and during fastening the bolts of the engine/transmission flange, check that the torque converter can still be turned behind the drive plate. If the torque converter cannot be turned, it must be assumed that it has not been installed properly and that the coupling plate of the torque converter or the ATF pump will be destroyed during final tightening of the bolts.