A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

AIRBAG light on after crash data cleared

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIRBAG light on after crash data cleared

Hey guys so the saga continues.
Finally found out my central locking issue was related to the Airbag module storing crash data that was half-triggering the crash response system (i.e dome lights on, door locks open).
So I sent my module to Airbagsystems in Texas, got it back, plugged it in and the Airbag light is now stuck there.
Never had the light before. Checked it out with a VCDS compliant reader and there's absolutely no codes (crash data also gone) not even in the airbag faults section.

Unugged the battery for 15 mins and nothing. I'm just confused since there's no codes at all. Anyone have any idea what to do while I wait for Airbagsystems to respond on Monday?? It's obviously not a real airbag issue since it wasn't there before, and there 0 codes.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have replaced my airbag module 3 times. Always fails on a cold start. But after the failure it always has a memory error in VCDS which cannot be cleared. When I have my units reflashed in Canada, they always come back with the soft coded information intact...which means I can reinstall them and the light goes off immediately. I am wondering if you need to softcode yours, and that this info was wiped during your reflash....there are instructions in VCDS on how to do this.