A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Audi Enthusiasts' in Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg, NC-Area

Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Enthusiasts' in Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg, NC-Area

Who lives in the Fayetteville, NC or Ft. Bragg, NC area? I'm Looking to start a Audi Club in early 2013, ive noticed quite a few Audi's in the area, of course more VW's due to Valley BMW/VW/MB/Porsche being here. Ive had my 2000 A6Q 2.8L for a year now & think its mod time, i know im behind the ball. Haven't even tinted the windows yet...smh.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i hope by "mod" you mean anything not related to the engine.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes & no. Im getting more comfortable with the engine aspect, i replaced my own water pump 2 months ago. but as far as the "look" of the car, yes, thats the main focus. tint, headlights, paint, etc.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Look is fine - and personal taste.

Engine mods for the 2.8 are generally ineffective, and costly.Plus, when done, you have a faster A6,and may over-stress the tranny.

A 2.7 6mt is a different beast.

better to spend your time and money on suspension if you really like to push it.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah, i figured from research & forum reads. 2.7T got the twin turbos (would love to have). But yeah, the suspension is whats on my list, starting with little stuff like new upper/lower control arms & such.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Lower it. Not a lot ( that's bling), but enough to lower the weight transfer. Quite amazing.
Depending on how you use it, and how much you can tolerate, there are quite a few options available. I always suggest a matched spring/shock set that is engineered to work together.

ST coilovers ( i used them) (on their highest setting)
Koni/H&R
Eiback/Bilstein

Yes, of course repair control arms that are worn, but dont wholesale replace them with the crappy aftermarket kits. Do the worn units with OEM and you will be much happier long term.

And the magic ingredient - tires. Really good tires make a world of difference.

As to the 2.7 - yes the turbos make it easy to crank up the power, but also the motor is very well built, and the 6mt tranny can take added power - youtrs ( ZF 5HP17or18A?) can;t.

Grant
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Just Me
And the magic ingredient - tires. Really good tires make a world of difference.

Grant
One of the best things i've heard all day. haha But it really is true, I just bought a full set of Continental DWS's and they are great! Haven;t had them in the snow yet, but from reviews, im sure they will be superior.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have sworn off no-seasons (all-seasons) and run dedicated max performance for the summer and dedicated winters in the winter. I love the Dunlop Wintersport M3s and iwll likely replace them with 3Ds. Wish i could get them for my boxster, but they dont make the matched set for 16" wheels.

Grant
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have sworn off no-seasons (all-seasons) and run dedicated max performance for the summer and dedicated winters in the winter. I love the Dunlop Wintersport M3s and iwll likely replace them with 3Ds. Wish i could get them for my boxster, but they dont make the matched set for 16" wheels.

Grant
this man speaks the truth..., hands down the best mod for the 2.8 is tires and suspension.... also ditch the servotronic steering relay. it tightens up the steering a TON. in europe is was only an option thats how much people there hated it
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Grant
I like all-seasons.. they are less expensive if you add up two sets of tires, a another set of rims, and these are great in the snow. So, overall they suit my needs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Enthusiasts' in Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg, NC-Area