A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Basic 2.8 Engine Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't even get me started on some of these Japanese cars... Some of the service I had to perform on my Mazda 3, such as replacing the alternator that took 30 minutes, are so much simpler. But it is a cheap econo car with sheet metal so thin it dents if you so much as breathe on it.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Don't even get me started on some of these Japanese cars... Some of the service I had to perform on my Mazda 3, such as replacing the alternator that took 30 minutes, are so much simpler. But it is a cheap econo car with sheet metal so thin it dents if you so much as breathe on it.
Yeah, but you gotta admit that the jap crap is pretty well bullet proof for the most part. When I had the motorcycle dealership, Suzuki, Kawasaki, we spent way more time on American bikes than the imported stuff. Of course we almost never saw a BMW with a problem. I'm just saying.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am forever impressed with Toyotas, particularly 4runners and Land Cruisers, after having submitted them to unbelievable punishment in Asia, Africa and most destructive, Afghanistan and never having a major problem. We raced those 4runners through the desert flat out at 100mph and then drove over basically non existant roads. They did both well and kept going. Only a few pieces fell off. And that could be fixed by a guy with one arm and a broken wrench. Haha
Old 07-04-2013, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts

We have a Toyota plant right here in town .. everyone that works there seems to love the company and be proud of what they build ... shows that good employee engagement really does build a better product ..

Last edited by Airbag; 07-05-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Airbag
We have a Toyota plant right here in town .. everyone that works there seems to love the company and be proud of what they build ... shows that good employee engagement really does build a better product ..
the german VAG companies employees feel the same, the issue is moving component manufacturing our of germany as well as final assembly out of germany.. pity
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huskerbob
Yeah, but you gotta admit that the jap crap is pretty well bullet proof for the most part. When I had the motorcycle dealership, Suzuki, Kawasaki, we spent way more time on American bikes than the imported stuff. Of course we almost never saw a BMW with a problem. I'm just saying.
A BMW was serviced at their dealer for broken driveshaft

I rode a 636 Ninja for some time, the bike worked like a clock.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice bike, ZX-6R, 124 h.p. and mid 10s at the strip.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
the german VAG companies employees feel the same, the issue is moving component manufacturing our of germany as well as final assembly out of germany.. pity
yup i totally agree .. no one wants to own the mexican built VW .. my buddy was totally pissed when i told him his brand new VW was built in Mexico ... His salesman told him it was built in germany and he was so proud.
In the final analysis it may not make a difference , but it shows you how strong perception can be ..
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i can report that my 1976 yamaha is still going strong .. 37 years later and the damn thing still hasnt broken down ..
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Airbag
i can report that my 1976 yamaha is still going strong .. 37 years later and the damn thing still hasnt broken down ..
Yeah, they're guaranteed not to break down until they hit 40.

Sweet ride for sure.

Quick Reply: Basic 2.8 Engine Diagram