A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo

Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the trunk, pop the cover off on the right side. The amp and the sub is there. From what i know (and i could be wrong), even non-Bose systems still use an amp, just lower wattage.

Also, the dealer should charge you a standard diagnostic fee of about $100 or so. If he's not able to figure out a problem, he will notify you before spending additional time and billing you for it.

However, I still think something's wrong with your head unit, since it will not eject your tape adapter, and switching between tape, CD, and FM still produces no sound.

Question: do the buttons not work (when you press FM/Radio, for example),or do you see radio stations, and can tune to different frequencies, but still hear no sound?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jcman
Why Am I getting the feeling that you are rude and think you are entitled to our help.

Lighten-up and have some manners!
How did you get that from any of his posts?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyjames72
yes its in the cassette player and not the CD player...it wont let me eject the adaptor of even insert a cd..
About all I can say is remove the entire head unit and disassemble as necessary to remove the cassette player adapter and go from there.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Has anyone suggesting using VAG-COM to troubleshoot this? Codes, blocks, output tests; all could help here.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
Has anyone suggesting using VAG-COM to troubleshoot this? Codes, blocks, output tests; all could help here.
Yes I did way back on post #4, no reply.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
In the trunk, pop the cover off on the right side. The amp and the sub is there. From what i know (and i could be wrong), even non-Bose systems still use an amp, just lower wattage.

Also, the dealer should charge you a standard diagnostic fee of about $100 or so. If he's not able to figure out a problem, he will notify you before spending additional time and billing you for it.

However, I still think something's wrong with your head unit, since it will not eject your tape adapter, and switching between tape, CD, and FM still produces no sound.

Question: do the buttons not work (when you press FM/Radio, for example),or do you see radio stations, and can tune to different frequencies, but still hear no sound?
Yep you are right Non-Bose still has a amp with with the sub.
Good pdf of the gospel truth for the OP.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
C5 ComRadio Sys.pdf (250.4 KB, 384 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
How did you get that from any of his posts?
Because I sensed this, he made his amends.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
About all I can say is remove the entire head unit and disassemble as necessary to remove the cassette player adapter and go from there.
I couldn't of said it any better, oh wait a minute I did.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to thank everyone for all their help.. this forum has helped me tremendously on some issues...ima see what the dealer says but i really just wanna go get a new touchscreen installed and call it a day.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Make sure the place that installs the aftermarket radio knows what it's doing. Get a professional installation, and that is in the full and complete meaning of the word "professional".

Otherwise you'll introduce more problems with a hack job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown Amp? why no sound from stereo