A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Car shopping fun...coming from "the best" car company....long

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car shopping fun...coming from "the best" car company....long

I've been hanging around here for quite a while. I've had a few Audis. I've loved them, and I've grumped about them.

I love my Avant...great car. It has secured a home for at least 2-4 years out of it's shear cherry condition.

I leased 4 Runner. At the time, it was cheap and seemed to meet my needs. If I get flamed, no big deal. I've posted a few times that I'm having a rough go with my health. Heart disease, tumor sitting underneath my brain, migraines, a mild stroke, and now possible MS...lots of fun.

Cig smoke (nothing against cigers), diesel, old cars, trigger horrible headaches for me. I primarily drive the 4Runner...which is supposed to have an "cabin filter"....yeah, my arsch. I get focking sick every time I drive it. Audis have great HVAC systems. You can sit behind a diesel and not get your cabin filled with the carcinogen (Cali people know this).

I called the big T and asked if there is anything they can do (this is after getting a TSB done on the car for a massive catalytic stink). They recommended calling advocates at their dealers. I wanted to look at Lexus....ooooookkkk.

So I drive an hour and meet with this supposed customer advocate. Turns out the guy is just a salesman. I take an IS250 out. I specifically ask about what HVAC systems it has. I had my dad go along, and he sat in the back set. I told the guy, who didn't give a **** (cigarette smoke can trigger enough of a coronary artery spasm to cause me heart damage..crap).

I questioned him, and he immediately hit the recirc button and said "you'll probably want to drive in this all the time..." Hmmm, that's a clue. Audi's manuals say you should only drive for a brief period of time in recirc.

Then he hit me with some whopping numbers. I expect to get nailed on the trade in of a 3 month old car with low miles, but then got clobbered on a lease deal. Then the sales manager, coming down from the mount, tells me how Lexus is the best in the world and blah, blah, blah. I say what's your best deal....he gave me MSRP.

So much for Toyota's customer service and care for people with some problems. Their "advocate" program is a farce--just a term for sales. Companies shouldn't market or convey to their customers that they have "advocates" as that implies some type of assistance. There was no assistance here. I am prepared to pay, but not treated like I fell off the truck this morning.

At least in the cowboys they used masks....

My car hunt will continue....and it will be German. Audi is a possibility, again.

Not trying to rant, but we all know someone or related to that is sick, or going through a rough time with their health. Company propaganda is the last thing people need in their lives.

Take care to you and your families.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck ;o)
Old 06-17-2006, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

That salesman was an idiot. Good luck =)
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sadly this is the problem with a lease - it's not very flexible. Even more so when the terms

appear to be sub-vented. Of course it doesn't help that the advocate is simply a title they hang onto a salesperson who appears to have no special training.

You might want to see if you can get out of the lease by using a service like swapalease.com. Check the terms on the contract to see if you can transfer the lease. If you got a good deal on the truck and it's in reasonably high demand, then you might be able to get rid of it, or swap with someone else for something they have that you want.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default good points April....

I'm going to pay it off and get out. If I remember right, you can still be on the hook if someone defaults.

Unfortuneately there are fantastic lease deals out on them now--so I think I get a reasonable offer. I'm going to take a 4K hit and buy the next car. I'm out of leasing.

Thanks for your advice. I agree it sucks when someone says they are an "advocate." Not so much to my surprise, Toyota & Lexus dealers were giving the least in trade.

I'll make my final decision on monday....not quite sure, but I hope to have something new in the driveway that I can tollerate.

I just realized this will be my 7th car in 9 years...I guess I have the car bug...lol.

Cheers 8 ^ )