A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Comfort control module of Audi A6 Year 2000.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfort control module of Audi A6 Year 2000.

Can you provide me, Circuit diagram & functionality of each connector of Comfort control module; 4BO 962 258D, to be aware before replacing above module. I am still awaiting a reply to my question published before.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

This is as much information as I can locate. In order to properly diagnose this control module, you are going to need VCDS or the VAG diagnostic machine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
central locking a6 2000.pdf (480.4 KB, 231 views)
Old 01-17-2023, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Re OP's initial comment: The 46 rating actually puts the Q5 into the average reliability category.
Second, as was pointed out in an other post, the more important breakdown of reliability points would be the 17 categories that are used for the ratings. And in fact most of those boxes have either the top or the second top ratings (per the 4/2022 CR issue). Combining ALL of the 17 ratings, over the "18, '19, '20 and '21 (68 in total), there are only 2 below average ratings 1 of which was for paint and trim (covered in the recall?) and the other was for brakes. That last was a head scratcher until I realized that CR probably lumps the Q and SQ together - even though they are very different cars. And yes the rear brakes on the SQ do have to be replaced at what seems like low mileage for those of us who are used to being twinkle-toes-like with the brakes (replaced mine at 37,000 miles - BUT the service tech said my fronts should be good for at least another 30,000 - not bad for what I consider the very best brakes I have ever had on a car and I've been driving for 65 years).
Anyway, I could go on with the way folks might be misreading the CR review. Not necessary. CR is only a guide - one among many. At the end of the day, any long time reader of CR will realize that in the first place the sample is small and in the second, that those with complaints will always be a little more apt to voice their concerns than those who are satisfied.
If you read the full reviews of the q5 Mk ll's you'll notice that CR is happy with the car.

Old 01-18-2023, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsal
Re OP's initial comment: The 46 rating actually puts the Q5 into the average reliability category.
Second, as was pointed out in an other post, the more important breakdown of reliability points would be the 17 categories that are used for the ratings. And in fact most of those boxes have either the top or the second top ratings (per the 4/2022 CR issue). Combining ALL of the 17 ratings, over the "18, '19, '20 and '21 (68 in total), there are only 2 below average ratings 1 of which was for paint and trim (covered in the recall?) and the other was for brakes. That last was a head scratcher until I realized that CR probably lumps the Q and SQ together - even though they are very different cars. And yes the rear brakes on the SQ do have to be replaced at what seems like low mileage for those of us who are used to being twinkle-toes-like with the brakes (replaced mine at 37,000 miles - BUT the service tech said my fronts should be good for at least another 30,000 - not bad for what I consider the very best brakes I have ever had on a car and I've been driving for 65 years).
Anyway, I could go on with the way folks might be misreading the CR review. Not necessary. CR is only a guide - one among many. At the end of the day, any long time reader of CR will realize that in the first place the sample is small and in the second, that those with complaints will always be a little more apt to voice their concerns than those who are satisfied.
If you read the full reviews of the q5 Mk ll's you'll notice that CR is happy with the car.
Methinks this post is misdirected...