A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Disable the anti thef system

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable the anti thef system

Hello. How can I permanently disable my a6's anti thef system?
the B pilar button and double lock is out of question.
Is there a coding for it?
Mine is somehow broken and I have no time to look into it.
I get error codes from sonar sensor, back right window sensor etc....
Everytime different fault code. Yes I have vcds.
It might be good for few days, and then suddenly boom, 4am at night, it starts yelling outside.
so question is, how to disable it permanently?
Old 02-24-2019, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by georgeb944
If you have no time to look into it, then use the B pillar button to turn off the sensors each time you park the car. Of course, you could also remove the negative terminal of the battery each time.

When you have time, use VCDS to determine which of the sensors is turning on the alarm. The system is reliable if it's working properly.
I just said that B pilar is out of question.
EVEN IF I press the b pilar button and lock the doors, it starts blinking and yelling few hours after, so the anti theft is not disabled. I need to press B pilar button and lock the doors twice.
Today I got error code 01370 alarm triggered by interior monitoring.
Yesterday it was something to do with right left window that triggered it.
I really dont care about anti theft, nobody does not want to steal that **** so how can I permanently disable that?

Dont say "oh just remove battery negative" or "press b pilar button"....
I need to know the wiring how to disable it without triggering immo, or coding.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that you might have a bad microswitch in one or more of your doors. First guess is driver door, especially if you have interior light issues. You can check with VCDS by looking at measuring blocks for door locks. Door open vs closed will be indicated. I forget the measuring blocks for doors, but rosstech website should have it. If you find the offending door(s), the fix is to replace the door locking mechanism. Some have tracked down the microswitch and replaced just that. But you can find good used mechanisms on the web. I would not recommend cheap Chinese aftermarket mechanisms. I just put one in my front passenger side and after a couple of weeks could barely open door from outside. Ordered a used one, but they sent me rear door mechanism, so have to do over.

I took a quick look at Bentley wiring diagram and the b-pillar switch goes to the central locking control module which in turn goes to the instrument cluster. I wonder if disabling the central locking module would trigger the immobilizer.
You can turn down the sensitivity of the interior motion sensor with VCDS, but I think that is not cause of the problem
Old 02-25-2019, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by johnkk
Not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that you might have a bad microswitch in one or more of your doors. First guess is driver door, especially if you have interior light issues. You can check with VCDS by looking at measuring blocks for door locks. Door open vs closed will be indicated. I forget the measuring blocks for doors, but rosstech website should have it. If you find the offending door(s), the fix is to replace the door locking mechanism. Some have tracked down the microswitch and replaced just that. But you can find good used mechanisms on the web. I would not recommend cheap Chinese aftermarket mechanisms. I just put one in my front passenger side and after a couple of weeks could barely open door from outside. Ordered a used one, but they sent me rear door mechanism, so have to do over.

I took a quick look at Bentley wiring diagram and the b-pillar switch goes to the central locking control module which in turn goes to the instrument cluster. I wonder if disabling the central locking module would trigger the immobilizer.
You can turn down the sensitivity of the interior motion sensor with VCDS, but I think that is not cause of the problem

I turned down the ultrasonic sensor from 100% to 50%
Still, it triggers randomly by itself.
yesterday I did some testing. after each test I removed ALL fault codes and made sure they were not back.
I did nothing, did not hit the car or anything. Just locked the doors and waited...
First one from interior monitoring.
Code: 01384 Alarm triggered by glass breakage sensor
(forgot the code but) Alarm triggered by ultrasonic sensor

Next one from Central locking control module:
(forgot the codes themself but I remember the text )
Alarm triggered by interior monitoring
Right rear door does not unlock
Left rear door delock does not engage
Right rear door delock does not engage

I know 3b passats have alot of problems with microswitches. Looks like c5 audi has them to?
All doors lock and unlock without problems. so microswitch problem there?

What about that anti theft system?
What is the locig behind it. If it knows that doors wont lock or unlock. why does the ultrasonic sensor trigger it? Or glass breakage sensor?

I did some more testing. with 50% sensitivity on ultrasonic.
I sat inside the car (removed all codes)
Waited until alarm system engaged. Then hit steering wheel, not even with force. alarm triggered by ultrasonic sensor. and it was the only code.
Never saw any codes for doors or glass breakage after that.

All codes removed, locked doors and walked away. I hour after that car was blinking outside.
Some code reading and again, glass breakage sensor and ultrasonc sensor but this time only right rear door delock does not engage.

I also tried locking doors. Then shaked the car hard, tried opening doors from outside even tried puching glasses.
No alarm triggered, no codes.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

When you open a door does the cluster display show the door open? If so the microswitches may be OK. FYI microswitches can be bad even though all the doors unlock properly. With all the variance in what is triggering the alarm, I'm now thinking that the problem is with the central locking control module J429.

Are your carpets wet? Maybe the central locking module got soaked. It's under the carpet and the driver seat in a "protective box," ahead of the floor pan brace. I would inspect the connection from the harness to the control module and give the connector contacts a shot of electronic parts cleaner.

The wiring diagrams vary by year and we don't know year of your A6. Fuses that power central locking are: #6 (5 amp), #14(10 amp), and #38 (15 or 20 amp depending on year). You might try pulling the fuses one by one to see what happens. All sorts of things are powered by them especially #14. If you're lucky, one might stop the alarm without disabling locks. Short-term fix until you can fully sort the issue. May have to use key to unlock door and plug the fuse in. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by johnkk
When you open a door does the cluster display show the door open? If so the microswitches may be OK. FYI microswitches can be bad even though all the doors unlock properly. With all the variance in what is triggering the alarm, I'm now thinking that the problem is with the central locking control module J429.

Are your carpets wet? Maybe the central locking module got soaked. It's under the carpet and the driver seat in a "protective box," ahead of the floor pan brace. I would inspect the connection from the harness to the control module and give the connector contacts a shot of electronic parts cleaner.

The wiring diagrams vary by year and we don't know year of your A6. Fuses that power central locking are: #6 (5 amp), #14(10 amp), and #38 (15 or 20 amp depending on year). You might try pulling the fuses one by one to see what happens. All sorts of things are powered by them especially #14. If you're lucky, one might stop the alarm without disabling locks. Short-term fix until you can fully sort the issue. May have to use key to unlock door and plug the fuse in. Good luck!
I dont have display on the dashboard. my a6 is 1997
I will inspect the CCM. if vcds says doors are closed or open when the doors are actually closed or open, does that mean microswitches are ok?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the switches are ok if the vcds door measuring block values match actual. I'd try the fuses and then check the locking module under the seat when you get a chance.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I looked at the wiring diagram for a 99 which is as far back as my manual goes. Your 98 might be the same as US 99 cars. The fuses are the same #'s as I noted 6,14,38. They list fuse 38 as 238 on the wiring diagram, but 38 on the fuse panel layout. Worth a try for a temporary fix even if you have to use the key to unlock the door. Maybe one of the 3 fuses will do the trick. Put some white out on the end of the fuse to make it easier to find without having to carry around a flashlight.