A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Door lights, foot lights + air in fuel system. 2.5tdi 132kw quatro.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lights, foot lights + air in fuel system. 2.5tdi 132kw quatro.

Hello,

here i have audi a6 2000 avant 2.5tdi 132kw quatro

First problem is i cant think of any problems anymore why door lights and foot lights aint working.
All door switches are working, dome lights and etc working.
All or at least some of the lamps is fine.
Every other light is working only door lights and foot when doors opened.

Other problem is that car sometimes twitches. It happens more often when car is driven and left hot for like a hour and drive again - specially on hot days in lithuania like today.
I have seen some air bubbles in diesel hose going to diesel pump, and they always appear. so i think it is the problem, but diesel compressor isnt the new one too - it works unsteady at 0,9 rpms(ONLY WHEN MOTOR IS HOT, WHEN COLD 100% FINE)(dont actually know is it its fault, but mostly compressors fault unsteady operation).
I did changed fuel filter, and have a question - which hoes does what ? there 4 hoes. the one going straight from motor threw filter to tank. the one from tank pumps to filter and other to motor, from filter. yes ? so i think the one going from pumps should be empty ? cause it was all air in top of it - and i managed to start the car after changing the filter only after i poored some diesel in that empty hose going from tank to diesel filter.
Also im newbie here but i tought it would clear some air if i would manage to run pumps while hoeses are off and nothing happend(tought maybe motor needs to be running, ignition is not enough). While motor was running i removed tiny littl screw which i dont know is what for(in filter instruction - nothing), removed cause i tought it is for lettin the air out. So i removed it while mottor runnin - and no air, no diesel running from it :| is it ok ?

Sorry for my english, asq if somethin is unclear.
Try to answer to as many questions as possible when answering, dont want to create 100 of threads

Thank you
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Why this forum doesnt let the edition of text if noone has even answered to it... thats kinda stupid.

I ment i seen bubbles in hose going to diesel compressor not pump.
And by sayng door switches ment that comp shows everythin right when door opens and if u set dome to light when doors opens it lights.

+ forgot to mention that i ran diagnostic test and no errors.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Checked all fuses - theyre okay. but one relay is kinda missing.

or if imgs dont work -
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...120729001.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...120729003.jpg/

which relay is that ? i tryed to search but those http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mo...3434_relay.pdf are just confuuusing.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

No you can't. Don't bother.

Last edited by SloopJohnB@mac.com; 07-31-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Yes you can edit. Keep trying.
How? By asking mods to enable this feature for you? I've been a member for 7 yrs and still don't have it.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umbalas
Hello,

here i have audi a6 2000 avant 2.5tdi 132kw quatro

First problem is i cant think of any problems anymore why door lights and foot lights aint working.
All door switches are working, dome lights and etc working.
All or at least some of the lamps is fine.
Every other light is working only door lights and foot when doors opened.

Other problem is that car sometimes twitches. It happens more often when car is driven and left hot for like a hour and drive again - specially on hot days in lithuania like today.
I have seen some air bubbles in diesel hose going to diesel pump, and they always appear. so i think it is the problem, but diesel compressor isnt the new one too - it works unsteady at 0,9 rpms(ONLY WHEN MOTOR IS HOT, WHEN COLD 100% FINE)(dont actually know is it its fault, but mostly compressors fault unsteady operation).
I did changed fuel filter, and have a question - which hoes does what ? there 4 hoes. the one going straight from motor threw filter to tank. the one from tank pumps to filter and other to motor, from filter. yes ? so i think the one going from pumps should be empty ? cause it was all air in top of it - and i managed to start the car after changing the filter only after i poored some diesel in that empty hose going from tank to diesel filter.
Also im newbie here but i tought it would clear some air if i would manage to run pumps while hoeses are off and nothing happend(tought maybe motor needs to be running, ignition is not enough). While motor was running i removed tiny littl screw which i dont know is what for(in filter instruction - nothing), removed cause i tought it is for lettin the air out. So i removed it while mottor runnin - and no air, no diesel running from it :| is it ok ?

Sorry for my english, asq if somethin is unclear.
Try to answer to as many questions as possible when answering, dont want to create 100 of threads

Thank you
A good way to start diagnosing problems in your car is with VAG-COM. It costs money but you will be able to scan every computer module, including the comfort/convenience module that controls all lighting.

If the cost is too much, you can buy the hex+USB cable on eBay for $10-15 and get the free shareware version of VAG-COM and at least it will get you started.

This is mainly a north American site which means almost no input on diesel engines. In North America we never got diesel A6.

You may want to try other forums for your diesel needs.

Your problem with footwell lighting could be a short somewhere (pinched wire on the seat) or likely the comfort module is acting up.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

no fun then, thanks for the answers anyway.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Funny, I don't remember. Maybe.