A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Driving focused but, of course, fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Driving focused but, of course, fast

My picture shortly after receiving the certified official speed certificate after my Audi was measured by government-calibrated precision equipment. Cool!

Good morning from a friendly C5 A6 4.2 V8 -- driving blonde speed demon ... driving focused and fast.

This morning, Highway Patrol was so impressed by my fast driving that they flashed pretty lights at me. I pulled over to hear their compliment. I got a frameworthy printed award showing how fast I was going, and the officer even wanted my autograph. It was so fun! He was super polite too.

Oh and I think I won a dollar award too. There's an amount printed on the how-fast-I-was-going award paper, and the address of a court house and a date by which which I'm supposed to show up there to collect the prize money. Maybe it's because I was doing a triple-digit speed so maybe that gets, I dunno, like a special monetary award as a bonus. It's not a lot a lot, but hey a few extra hundred bucks is good money.

I'm sure the guy loved the Virginia City Hill climb sign on the door of the Audi too. Yes, it's legit and official. This car ran the hill climb in 2017 and I'm keeping the sign on as long as I can. It's a nice ice breaker when someone with 4th-of-July colored flashing lights (my favorite color scheme this time of year, yay, so thoughtful, how did they know?!) on the front of their vehicle might feel socially awkward approaching me for conversation. They sometimes sit in their car for a few minutes before, I guess, finally working up the nerve to come to my open window to chat with me. I can understand that they might feel awkward, like at a high school dance where the guys wanna dance with the girls but they're kinda intimidated. Fortunately I don't wear a bra. So that's always a nice ice breaker too.

It's just always kinda odd that they ask for my driver's license instead of my phone number. I mean, what are they gonna do with my address, write me a love letter? Or maybe send flowers? Probably flowers. Hardly anyone writes letters anymore. Still, it's kinda odd that they focus on the address (I mean why else would he wanna see my driver's license?) though I can see how that can be romantic in a stalkerish kind of way.

I *love* driving fast.

~Tanya

Last edited by tanya_charbury; 06-19-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tanya,
If someone has bailed you out of the slammer, you might try this.
https://forums.quattroworld.com/allr...s/275433.phtml
Regards, Bernie
Old 06-27-2019, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love it! Thank you. And I'm not in the slammer, yay! I'm considering the defense "I wasn't driving too fast, just flying too low."