A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Getting ready to pull trigger on Exhaust for the S6

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to pull trigger on Exhaust for the S6

OK, I have a Stage 3 B5 S4, and it id my fun car, and I picked up the C5 S6 Avant about 18 months ago, and absolutely love it. Drive it everywhere, and hardly drive the S4. One of the bigger factors outside of room VS going with a B5 S4 Avant, was that the modding bug would not hurt the wallet as bad, since there is not much to do on these bady boys. Well, little by little things are taking shape. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN...LOL!!! Wheels, RS6 grills, RS6 rear bumper conversion on order, etc... Well I am ready for exhaust, and it seems everyone has either Milltek, or Magnaflow for these cars, or the 4.2 in general.

Question is, has anybody on here done a "Sebring Exhaust System"? The guy I am taking to, praises their systems to the days end, and thiks that it's more exotic tone sounds incredible on these cars. I have heard some sound clips, but none on Audi's, and on those cars they do sound, Lambo / Ferrari like. I will be getting, custom 100% stainless piping,(X-pipe included), resonators, and mufflers with oval tips.

Anybody has any info on these systems, as there is nothing on the internet that I can find.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2009, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Which rear bumper did you decide to go with?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM

As he said in the post, he has an RS6 rear bumper on order.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I am going with the RS6 rear complete bumper, valence, cutouts, etc... Havn't decided to stay with the RS6 oval style tips or another style. I think you almost have too with the cutouts given on the valence.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Right,
real RS6 bumper actually fits an avant?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by halik
Right,
real RS6 bumper actually fits an avant?
Yes, it should, especially since the RS6 came in an Avant configuration on the other side of the pond. But I am not sure if the RS6 sedan's rear bumper will fit the S6 avant. I would assume that he is getting the euro-avant RS6 bumper package.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by RAUDI S6
Yes, I am going with the RS6 rear complete bumper, valence, cutouts, etc... Havn't decided to stay with the RS6 oval style tips or another style. I think you almost have too with the cutouts given on the valence.
Have you considered the OEM sound-enhanced exhaust from the RS6? The growl is intoxicating!!! And yes, you should definitely stick to oval tips becuase of the cutouts in the bumper.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks B.D., yes it is the Euro RS6 rear bumper conversion. I wish I could hear a live set up of the RS6 SE exhaust. I have heard many youtube clips on other 4.2 cars, and they sound OK, and I am sure it is a million times better in person, I guess I could call the dealership and see what new runs, but I would think that would be crazy dollars. I have been looking for 6 months for a used setup, every forum classifed board (RS6.com, 6speedonline, etc...)and can't find one.

Thanks again,

Mike
Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK is an UNDERSTATEMENT for the 4.2 running the SE exhaust. the V8 sending gases out the rear makes the tone butttahhh. picture a TUBI exhaust on a ferrari..but then BETTER.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by RAUDI S6
I have been looking for 6 months for a used setup, every forum classifed board (RS6.com, 6speedonline, etc...)and can't find one.
Yes, the used SE exhaust setups are hard to find for a few reasons. First, there were only a limited number of RS6's that came to the US. Next, not all of those RS6s have the SE exhaust. Last, not every owner of an RS6 with the SE have upgraded. So yes, I totally agree that they are hard to find.

However, don't just limit yourself to classifieds. If you cruise the other forums enough, you'll come across soemone with an RS6 that might be thinking about an exhaust upgrade. Shoot an e-mail or PM to that person immediately and express interest in their stock setup. I've done that a few times, and have successfully found setups fo myself and a few others.

And yes...it DOES sound much better in person. On the highway, it is normal to turn a few heads, and I think people are expecting to see a sports coupe (Mustang or Vette) and are suprised to see a German luxo-sedan making the rumble.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to pull trigger on Exhaust for the S6