A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Help Please! ABS Light on, OBD issue, Airbag light on and Park Brake light flashing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi S8 Rules
Yes it did. I was able to get a AND control module with the pump for $200 out of a wrecker. If your going to keep the car for awhile you might want to get it rebuilt though as you don't know how long another used one will last. It was simple to change out just swapping the module and leaving the pump in. Both codes went away as soon as I moved the vehicle for test drive.
And instead you could have just removed it, still drove the car, sent it to be rebuilt for less than half that and know its going to last forever....or just spend twice that on a used module thats probably going to fail in a few months. Not sure which id choose.....
Old 02-24-2014, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Nothing is forever….
Old 09-28-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIRBAG light on (Code 01578) Dealerships say it's ABS Module Failure

Hello,

My 2006 A4 3.2L Quattro is back in the shop. About three weeks ago the AIRBAG light came on in the instrument panel. This was right after I had the driver's seat replaced, and the dealership completed the Takata passenger airbag recall. The dealership replaced several parts (warning lamp, SRS system and belt buckles) all without any resolution to the problem. I contacted the service manager and they agreed to look at the car again free of charge. How nice of them. Today I get a call from the service advisor to tell me that the ABS Control Module has failed and the replacement part will cost me $1,400 installed once it is shipped from Germany. I can't justify such a repair bill for a 12-year-old Audi that I plan to replace next Spring. My question is whether these two issues would necessarily be related. I, by no means, have any extensive technical knowledge or experience, so my question is if a failed ABS Control Module would trigger the AIRBAG Warning Light on my specific vehicle (B7). I've been searching online, but really don't know what to accept and what to disregard for information. If it is the ABS module then I should be able to have it rebuilt at more affordable rate than installing a brand new part in an aging car.

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Old 09-29-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Wrong forum
Old 09-29-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Wrong forum. Having said that check all the wiring connections under the seat that was replaced. They sometimes come undone when moving the seat around particularly when the seat adjustments are moved to their full extent in all directions. I was once at the dealer for another issue and when I got the car back the air bag light was on. I told the service manager and he said it was on when they pulled the car into the shop (complete BS, it wasn't). Only way they would fix it was to schedule me for another appointment and then they charged me $150. It was a connector under the seat that had disconnected. (The service guy that drove the car in and out of the shop was very tall and had relocated the seat. When i got in to go home I couldn't reach the pedals. I'm 5' 11") Lost the argument and they never touched my car again.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyguy
Wrong forum. Having said that check all the wiring connections under the seat that was replaced. They sometimes come undone when moving the seat around particularly when the seat adjustments are moved to their full extent in all directions. I was once at the dealer for another issue and when I got the car back the air bag light was on. I told the service manager and he said it was on when they pulled the car into the shop (complete BS, it wasn't). Only way they would fix it was to schedule me for another appointment and then they charged me $150. It was a connector under the seat that had disconnected. (The service guy that drove the car in and out of the shop was very tall and had relocated the seat. When i got in to go home I couldn't reach the pedals. I'm 5' 11") Lost the argument and they never touched my car again.
Harleyguy: Thanks for the extra info! I'll get it checked. Sorry for posting to wrong forum. /ro1224