A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004
Old 09-06-2016, 01:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to clean out the evaporator drain valve.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Um....does everyone realize that this post is several years old?
I really miss kawf.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did it suddenly appear? You're right.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Bumped by a n00b. 'Tis the nature of vB.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i didnt even think of searching this. sometimes reposts/bumps do good

Last edited by bnr32_coupe; 01-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This should be added to technical section..
Old 08-23-2009, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Excellent post thanks. I sealed the pollen filter housing last night and cleaned sunroof drains, cleaned drains under battery and I left this procedure last because I could not find how to do that and I did not know where to start. I will do this today on 2002 A6 3.0. I have water in rear passenger foot well. Thank you again.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nick7
Excellent post thanks. I sealed the pollen filter housing last night and cleaned sunroof drains, cleaned drains under battery and I left this procedure last because I could not find how to do that and I did not know where to start. I will do this today on 2002 A6 3.0. I have water in rear passenger foot well. Thank you again.
Hey nick7, did you find out what is going on with the water in the rear passenger foot well? I have the same problem, and I'm kinda tired of wet vaccing my wifes car everyday. If you found out what's causing it, that would help alot. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice write-up!

I need to check mine I think... At idle it does take a while for it to cool down the car...

Cheers

Massboykie
Old 02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Water on rear passenger floor

Originally Posted by nick7
I have had water come in my 01 A6 2.8 Audi at the rear passenger floor on more than one occasion. It is obviously getting in the ventilation system, because there is a vent located under the seat and it's wet in that area. There has been many posts for possible causes when I search the net. I tried unclogging the two drains under the battery compartment first. Water still came in the car. I tried sealing the pollen filter next. Water still came in the car. I noticed that it came in the car even on a dry day and never washed. So I believe it has to be from the AC evaporator drain tube. My manual did not show the exact location of the tube. I found on line where I could get to it from the inside of the car by pulling back the carpet on the passenger side under the glove compartment. I got to it and it wasn't easy. Carpet is glued down and screws are hard to get to. Once I got to the top of the drain tube I blew forced air through it and got under the car to see where it came out. This is because I could not find it by looking under the car. It turns out that the insulation from the exhaust was covering the drain tube exit and probably clogging the drain. I poked a hole through the insulation so it could drain. It's in a bad location and could not really get a good look at the exit tube. I will wait to see if this fixes the problem and respond back. This seems to be a big problem with Audi judging by the many posts on net.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Water leak possible resolve

Originally Posted by Audilovehater
I have had water come in my 01 A6 2.8 Audi at the rear passenger floor on more than one occasion. It is obviously getting in the ventilation system, because there is a vent located under the seat and it's wet in that area. There has been many posts for possible causes when I search the net. I tried unclogging the two drains under the battery compartment first. Water still came in the car. I tried sealing the pollen filter next. Water still came in the car. I noticed that it came in the car even on a dry day and never washed. So I believe it has to be from the AC evaporator drain tube. My manual did not show the exact location of the tube. I found on line where I could get to it from the inside of the car by pulling back the carpet on the passenger side under the glove compartment. I got to it and it wasn't easy. Carpet is glued down and screws are hard to get to. Once I got to the top of the drain tube I blew forced air through it and got under the car to see where it came out. This is because I could not find it by looking under the car. It turns out that the insulation from the exhaust was covering the drain tube exit and probably clogging the drain. I poked a hole through the insulation so it could drain. It's in a bad location and could not really get a good look at the exit tube. I will wait to see if this fixes the problem and respond back. This seems to be a big problem with Audi judging by the many posts on net.
I have driven my Audi for two days with the AC and heater on. I can now see visually condensation water leaking onto the ground like it is supposed to do. No water is coming into the car anymore. I believe the water leak problem is fixed. Apparently the insulation around the exhaust was somehow blocking the release of water. I poked a hole through the inside of the car at the drain tube to the outside. This assures drainage. Not sure if this is proper procedure, but seems to work fine.

Quick Reply: How to clean out the evaporator drain valve.....