A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Interior lights problem..

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria, EU, Earth, Milky Way galaxy, known universe..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights problem..

Hello guys, the car is A6 C5 2003 3.0i quattro

Strange problem with the interuor lights occured.. the left side ones (drivers side) does not work. Those are the sunvisor one, the foot (front and back) and the lights on the doors. The red led lights that are in the door latches work, the buttons are lit.. only the dome lights on the left side doesn not work..

Have anyone met this?? Can you advise please?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone? I've isulated the wires from the drivers side sunvisor, becouse they had damage, but with no luck, sunvisor bulp is not working.. same with the footwells in the drivers side. From passengers side everything looks fine...
Old 08-23-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check bulbs and fuses first? Might sound st00pid simple, but rule out the quick and easy first.
Does your car notice the door is open? If not, or intermittent, check the door module; it’s a ‘when’, not ‘if’... I’ve got a bad one in my AR passenger door, and I had bad ones in my previous VAG cars (two B5.5 Passats and a B5 S4).
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check bulbs and fuses first? Might sound st00pid simple, but rule out the quick and easy first.
Does your car notice the door is open? If not, or intermittent, check the door module; it’s a ‘when’, not ‘if’... I’ve got a bad one in my AR passenger door, and I had bad ones in my previous VAG cars (two B5.5 Passats and a B5 S4).
Old 08-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, i checked bulbs and fuses 1st.. the microswich on the driver door is defecrive (1 of them) and the car does not detect open driver door.. but i dont see common with the sunvisor light.. i dont know
Old 08-24-2018, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe that the visor light is not controlled by the microswitch. Frequent problems with the wire to this light where it flexes. You can check by unscrewing the mount for the visor.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you john, but i did it, found the damaged wires and taped them.. but still not working visorlight. This days will take the elect. tester and will try to go wire by wire.. dont know what to do. I will have to check and the sender units for the fuel level becouse ive got eradic readings as well. Does someone know how many sender units a6 c5 3.0i has? 2 i guess?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default solved

Hi, i found the problems one by one and solved them..

In case someone has similar issues...

1st problem was the drivers door deffective micro switch. Changed with new aftermarket assembly. The whole lock mech... Its a lot to change it.. the door is striped nude for this withthe window frame and etc.. Around 35 euro new. Made in China. Working nice (for now).

Then, i found bad connection in the rear roof lamps. One quick hit with the soldering iron and we are golden..

Then, there was short in the cables coming to the sunvisor in the driver side. Repaired. But still.. the sunvisor does not work, because there is a problem with the contacts in it, where it goes on when you twist the visor down. I guess there will have to change the visor from a car where it was not used ofen. Maybe from UK one, where the left side is not used i guess...

If i remember something else i will add info..

Last edited by AUDIMONSTERRR; 09-16-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ..

I added optical led ambient light strips to the door panels, i am proud they look like original stuff, not something done in the garage.. Everyone that gets in the car is complimenting the level of options it has. )

I changed all interior lights with leds, the stop and parking lights with leds.. its so good that way. The stop (brake) lights are so much brighter now... i love it, feels much safer...

I added original compass mirror from US car.. simple job, just replaced the mirrors, reconected the original wire from my mirror and voila.. The car has el. steering wheel, el. leather seats with heaters, memory package and it looks and feels
better than my 4f to be honest... I like the C5 very much! It is simpler and more reliable and lots cheaper to look after and run than the 3.0tdi 4f all road i have. The petrol engine is working like a singer sewing machine, like a seiko automatic watch, the 3.0 tdi is idle-ling like ak47.. the C5 is a bit smaller and i feel it better in the city.

I love the instrument cluster on the C5 as it has more gauges, the oil temp and voltmeter gives it more complicated and sportier look in my opinion.. I changed the dull 16" for sline 18" black wheels with ET35 and the car looks like a beast, the wheel arcs are full and the tyres are just out to the fenders. I just love it.

Last edited by AUDIMONSTERRR; 09-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.