A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Introduction and pics of my new love

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Introduction and pics of my new love

Hello everyone! My name is Bill or LaserSVT. I own a small repair/service/performance shop in Waco Texas. I know I joined here a long time ago when I was thinking of getting an A6 2.7T after missing my 2001 S4 so much. Well with the start of my company and keeping it aloft for the first year had tapped me and I put it on the back burner for a few years. I then decided to wait some more and get the one I REALLY wanted, the 2003 RS6. Well that dream was realized today. I picked up a blue on black 2003 RS6 with 79k miles on it, clean carfax and a somewhat good maintenance record. I say somewhat because I dont see a timing belt record. The top place in Austin Texas that is some guru for these cars (forgot the shops name) said all the seals up front are new which indicates it probably has had it done and to get to the point to look at the belt you may as well replace it. Fortunately I have an Audi Master Tech at my disposal so I will get with him tomorrow. I drove the car 150 miles home and had three people in front of me blow out tires and I hit every damn one! So I have to inspect it tomorrow anyway.
Big bonus is I am an audio nut! Car came with Morel components front and rear as well as a pair of 6 channel McIntosh amps. Yay!

So here are some pics of my new baby.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 09-08-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 09-03-2015, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I forgot I did have a couple questions though. My center console lid is broke and the squeak bothers me. Does anyone know if the A6/S6 lid is the same? I find lids but they dont list the RS6. Also my other Audis could roll up/down the windows from remote. This one does not do it. How do I turn it on? Car does not have a manual so I will order one of those as well. I also have to order a center cap and since all three are scratched I am just going to get a complete set. Pretty sure they are the 146mm but will measure tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 327 Likes on 276 Posts

Wow. That is a sexy beauty! Inside and out!!! You are lucky. I heard the Sedan version of the C6 RS6 are very rare. I don't understand the part where you hit three people. Fuzzy
Old 09-03-2015, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Kelisko, The sedan version is the only version we have here in the US. And he didn't hit 3 people he hit tire fragments from 3 cars that had tire blow outs.

Beautiful car! I seriously considered buying one but I need to be able to drive it daily so I bought a D3 A8L and they are more mechanically reliable. I'll probably still buy an RS6 someday.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all. I do love it. Its at the tint shop now and I have some parts on order. Going to do the timing belt next month just to be safe. Gonna run about $800 parts and labor so may as well do it for peace of mind.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nice!

Definitely the King Kong of the North American C5's and only 800 were sold here, very nice!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one great looking RS6! Previous owner appears to have kept her in great shape. Always wanted one of those.

Best of luck!
Old 09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I really scored. I put it up on my rack today and the only issue I saw was a little bit of grease slung out from the passenger front axle shaft due to a worn boot. No oil leaks, all ball joints are nice and tight, even tire wear and about 50% brake pad left.
Got a pleasant surprise too. Does not have the factory suspension. Has Bilstein Nurburgring coil-overs.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
I forgot I did have a couple questions though. My center console lid is broke and the squeak bothers me. Does anyone know if the A6/S6 lid is the same? I find lids but they dont list the RS6. Also my other Audis could roll up/down the windows from remote. This one does not do it. How do I turn it on? Car does not have a manual so I will order one of those as well. I also have to order a center cap and since all three are scratched I am just going to get a complete set. Pretty sure they are the 146mm but will measure tomorrow.
The console lid is the same on all C5's, I just replaced mine last year with one bought on Amazon dirt cheap, not OEM but the black color shade matched perfect.

Your window up/down FOB function can be recoded with Vagcom/VCDS, check out the Features tab on the top of the page under the Tech Articles, tons of great info relative to most of your questions there.
Here is an example..hint..hint AudiWorld Tech Articles

Quick Reply: Introduction and pics of my new love