A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Leaking water pump issue... after only 60k?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Back to the beginning

Just going to throw my two cents here, if you want a piece of mind
really research the quality of water pumps and belt tensioners out there, many posts have brought this up and although I'm not trying to slant or slam the vendor you are eyeing there are many other vendors that provide a good product "parts" that nobody has complained about.

Searching and researching is about as priceless as it gets.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
Just going to throw my two cents here, if you want a piece of mind
really research the quality of water pumps and belt tensioners out there, many posts have brought this up and although I'm not trying to slant or slam the vendor you are eyeing there are many other vendors that provide a good product "parts" that nobody has complained about.

Searching and researching is about as priceless as it gets.

Good luck!
See that's what I keep asking and going back and forth over... is Audi parts substantially better then Blau or ECS after market? I keep getting mixed answers... the previous part used was from Blau parts and only lasted 60k miles. I'm now expecting to have to do this full service roughly every 60k miles so if the next blau water pump lasts that long I'll be "ok", I'll be happy if it lasts longer!

I seriously doubt that ECS is using a official Audi water pump in their kits since the pump it's self would be like half the price of the kit and they stock two others (same price), a Geba or Graf, both with metal impellers. I've seen a few other kits feature the Graf pump too and the Blau kit is Graf.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by acarney
See that's what I keep asking and going back and forth over... is Audi parts substantially better then Blau or ECS after market?
See this: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=17
Original thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...di+logo&page=2

You see, Audi doesn't make all its parts. No car manufacturer does. You don't believe Audi is also mining the aluminum ore to make engines and body panels right? While they may make engines, I'd highly doubt they are pouring those molds. These companies have moved up the chain so-to-speak, long time ago. Most parts are supplied. Tires from michelin(etc), electronics from bosch, water pumps from Saleri(or Ina etc.) and so on.

Originally Posted by acarney
I seriously doubt that ECS is using a official Audi water pump in their kits since the pump it's self would be like half the price of the kit and they stock two others (same price), a Geba or Graf, both with metal impellers. I've seen a few other kits feature the Graf pump too and the Blau kit is Graf.
You are absolutely right. It is imppossible for these guys to get OEM parts from Audi to bundle in a kit and sell it below what they would've paid. Shall we say they'd be "tuned out of their ECS"?

Last edited by tester123; 01-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.