A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

New to me a6 2.7t Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me a6 2.7t Quattro

Just bought this car for 800 from my bro.He was tired of the money pit it has become.. new struts all around. Tires. Timing.. water pumps. It was one thing after another with the car. (like I've read, Audi is natorious for this. But worth it!)
Never owned an Audi before this. I know they are expensive cars to play with but I figured for the price and everything that is done to it, I'll take it on as a keeping it stock family car. "Maybe" a tune...idk..
Anyway... I bought the car knowing it had a fuel leak "only when really cold" and also a coolant leak.
(Keeping in mind that this car was just fully serviced with timing and water pumps etc).
With the research I've done the leaking fuel is from the injectors. But I'm not sure about where the coolant leak is from. Can't see it.
With the water pumps and all that replaced, could the fuel have leaked on something causing a coolant leak??? And my oil smells of gas as well.
So in all. Could the leaky injectors in the winter cause a gas smell in the oil and cause a coolant seal leak somewhere? Are all these possibly related....??
Old 06-09-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re

The car has been sitting for over a year as well in a garage. The car is fully stock and has no lights on the dash illuminated except the low coolant. Any advice on what steps to take would be very helpful..
PS... Bath time soon for her..
Old 06-10-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Leaking fuel injectors when cold is symptomatic of worn out seals. Went through this two years ago. Replace them.

Coolant leak could be any number number of places. Clean the engine and look carefully for the leak. Check around the reservoir. It gets micro cracks that are difficult to find. Also hoses nearby. Check the secondary coolant pump under the intake. Otherwise search this forum and you find all sorts of clues.