A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

No voltage at Coil connector A6 Avant 2.8 L, 30 V Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No voltage at Coil connector A6 Avant 2.8 L, 30 V Quattro

The Coil Pack is new along with new Spark Plugs and Spark Plug Wires.

There is no voltage at Terminal 1 on the 5 Pin Coil Pack Connector, and there is no voltage at Terminal 1 on the larger Connector to the ECU.

Both Terminal Pins get Battery Voltage from D 131 which is somewhere in the Engine Compartment. Both of these terminals on the two separate connectors are supplied by Battery Voltage from the #15 Ignition On terminal Track via the Orange Connector in the Plenum Box that also houses the ECU.

There is Battery Voltage to that connector and into the Black/Blue wire the is connected there. But I cannot find where the Black/Blue wire goes after it enters the massive wire bundle that exits the Plenum Box, and I cannot identify Connectors D131 or D136.

If I could identify these two connectors, I could continue to check continuity in the Black/Blue wire that leads to the 5 Pin Coil Pack Connector and the large ECU Connector in the Plenum Box.

I have no spark at Terminal 1 of the 5 pin Connecter at the Coil Pack. I have traced the current from its source on internal Track 15, through the appropriate fuses to the Orange Connector in the Plenum Electrical Box for the ECU.

From there it exits the plenum, and according to the wiring diagram current is extended in the Engine Compartment to Connector D131 and from there to Connector D136.

I have scoured the manual for information on where these two connectors are physically located in the engine compartment, but have found no definitive description of the of the connectors or their location.

I do not plan on cutting into the wire bundles leaving the plenum, so if anyone has the information I need to identify these two connectors, I would greatly appreciate learning this information.

Thanks to anyone who can lend assistance in this issue.