AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/)
-   -   OBD (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/obd-2872326/)

Ladder1 09-24-2014 02:02 PM

OBD

Hi trying to access my OBD codes via my climate control. I have a 2003 a6
Heater core problems but want to check to see if my temps are set correct.What buttons do I use to activate and toggle thru the menu.
Thanks.

raj99 09-24-2014 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ladder1 (Post 24608843)
Hi trying to access my OBD codes via my climate control. I have a 2003 a6
Heater core problems but want to check to see if my temps are set correct.What buttons do I use to activate and toggle thru the menu.
Thanks.

I've never heard of being able to access OBD through the climate control system. All I've ever used is a VCDS ross-tech cable to do so, via the OBD port under the dash.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear you can access codes via the climate control?

Just Me 09-25-2014 04:51 AM

There are / were some limited functions available via climate control. I never made them work.

N_Jay 09-25-2014 06:12 AM

If you never got it to work, how do you "Know"?

Ladder1 09-25-2014 06:25 AM

There's a video on YouTube. Just Google on board diagnostics for Audi but mines not functioning the same way that video is I can't seem to toggle thru The menu. trying to eliminate any possibilities of something else been wrong before I replace my heater core.I really really really don't want to do it.you want have any suggestions I could use some help here.

jcman 09-25-2014 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ladder1 (Post 24608990)
There's a video on YouTube. Just Google on board diagnostics for Audi but mines not functioning the same way that video is I can't seem to toggle thru The menu. trying to eliminate any possibilities of something else been wrong before I replace my heater core.I really really really don't want to do it.you want have any suggestions I could use some help here.

The only way to access the climate control module is through vagcom via the obd port not the climate control head unit "pushing buttons" to see if any error codes are present in the climate module section of the software.

Before you do anything check for any codes with vagcom, if no codes exist then check the temp difference between the inlet/outlet of the heater core to determine if it's clogged causing a resistance of flow, there has been many posts about restricted heater cores with a good amount of detail on diagnostics and remedies.

jcman 09-25-2014 07:53 AM

BTW, if you are referring to this link right out of the tech section for A4's and S4's AudiWorld Tech Articles I don't believe that this applies to the C5 newer than 02.

You can try, Good Luck!

Ladder1 09-25-2014 09:15 AM

Yes that's what I am trying to accomplish here I am trying to eliminate things so I can determine whether or not my heater core is bad

jcman 09-25-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ladder1 (Post 24609039)
Yes that's what I am trying to accomplish here I am trying to eliminate things so I can determine whether or not my heater core is bad

Got it, that's why I responded with some info, facts and a direction for you to go on, so outside of that vagcom and searching the forums is all up to you.

Airbag 09-25-2014 12:03 PM

why dont you back up and tell us exactly what you are experiencing .. there may be threads or people here that can help .