A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

P1411, P1423 - Combi port clogged in head

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kombi Valves

Originally Posted by Redneck Truck
I'm not using the kombi valves anymore from my 4.2 if you need them. Check the part numbers on yours, and if mine are the same, I'll let them go for cheap. My system worked great, but I didn't like the engine bay clutter and all the extra plumbing that could fail.
Thanks, Redneck Truck. I will do some investigating and get back to you if I need them.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From what I understand, they work just like egr valves - with vacuum applied at the fittings, they allow air to flow through the larger passage that bolts to the heads. Pull them out, blow into them to make sure they won't flow air without vacuum, and then apply vacuum and do the same. Pretty easy to remove, at least on the 4.2.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default KOMBI VALVES: P1423 P1411

I'm not using the kombi valves anymore from my 4.2 if you need them. Check the part numbers on yours, and if mine are the same, I'll let them go for cheap. My system worked great, but I didn't like the engine bay clutter and all the extra plumbing that could fail.
Do you still have your kombi valves? I plan on taking my off for a good cleaning. If that does not work, I will be in the market for another set.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm not using the kombi valves anymore from my 4.2
are you using something else in their place to provide same or better functionality ? or am i understanding that you have disabled air injection (turbos)? thanks! perhaps the 4.2 dosent need turbo, but i sure do apperiecate the turbo on my 2.7 and the mighty boner it gives me when I rev it (after the annoying second wait for the turbos to spool of course... (btw is there a simplish cheapish way of doing that? i had a 3000gt vr4 mitsubishi and the turbo lag was MUCH less noticeable (if it was noticeable at all, i dont remember exactly but if it was as laggy at the 2.7 stock turbo & settings i would have rembered it FOR CERTAIN.)
Old 02-25-2020, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerome Stonebridge
are you using something else in their place to provide same or better functionality ? or am i understanding that you have disabled air injection (turbos)? thanks! perhaps the 4.2 dosent need turbo, but i sure do apperiecate the turbo on my 2.7 and the mighty boner it gives me when I rev it (after the annoying second wait for the turbos to spool of course... (btw is there a simplish cheapish way of doing that? i had a 3000gt vr4 mitsubishi and the turbo lag was MUCH less noticeable (if it was noticeable at all, i dont remember exactly but if it was as laggy at the 2.7 stock turbo & settings i would have rembered it FOR CERTAIN.)
Of course, you are talking about two entirely different systems here. The kombi valves are part of the secondary air injection system, which has nothing to do with turbocharging and is designed to inject air into the exhaust stream (after the turbo, in the case of the 2.7T) to assist in cold operation of the catalysts.