AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/)
-   -   Popular Rotor and Headlight upgrades? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/popular-rotor-headlight-upgrades-2906633/)

Mason Villafane 09-13-2016 01:14 PM

Popular Rotor and Headlight upgrades?

Just bought a 2002 S6 Avant Wagon. Been reading up and becoming familiar but right now I'd like to just rely on the knowledge here and post a couple direct questions..

1. What is the best bang for the dollar regarding rotors.. What's everybody doing? Selection of O.D's?

2. I'd like to replace the yellowed head lights with some new led jobs... Same thing, whats popular product wise,.. Etc

More to come... Please and thank you in advance

Mason Villafane 09-13-2016 01:16 PM

Edit:. Bought Brembo Calipers off a totaled 2009 Jeep SRT-8. Am going to retro fit to the S6.... Measurements to happen here shortly...

Mason Villafane 09-13-2016 02:45 PM

Well, I should probably change the name of this post to "highly unpopular brake and rotor upgrades" considering what I've been reading... Lol. This should be fun

Eurylo 09-14-2016 03:14 PM

LOL. Highly unpopular place to ask fancy C5 questions! No offense Audiworlders........

I got RS6 Calipers and Rotors for my A6 4.2.

Not sure there's any LED Headlights for the widebody. Keep yours or get some E Codes from UK or DE. Pretty easy to do a headlight restore, bet if you did yours you'd like the outcome or Clear Corner them and you'll like them that much more.

jcman 09-14-2016 05:03 PM

Fancy Questions?

Originally Posted by Eurylo (Post 24857995)
LOL. Highly unpopular place to ask fancy C5 questions! No offense Audiworlders........

I got RS6 Calipers and Rotors for my A6 4.2.

Not sure there's any LED Headlights for the widebody. Keep yours or get some E Codes from UK or DE. Pretty easy to do a headlight restore, bet if you did yours you'd like the outcome or Clear Corner them and you'll like them that much more.

No offense but most are just trying keep the 12+yr old cars rolling, it's not getting to the restomod stage yet here and the OP's questions are mainly about a good set of rotors and head lamp bling.

I'd use Zimmerman Z-coat stock rotors because they last and do the job as intended, performance stopping on the street is subject to way too many variables and always is a much to do about nothing topic at the end of the day.

Eurylo 09-14-2016 06:27 PM

LED's and SRT Calipers are fancy, yo

Originally Posted by jcman (Post 24858024)
No offense but most are just trying keep the 12+yr old cars rolling, it's not getting to the restomod stage yet here and the OP's questions are mainly about a good set of rotors and head lamp bling.

I'd use Zimmerman Z-coat stock rotors because they last and do the job as intended, performance stopping on the street is subject to way too many variables and always is a much to do about nothing topic at the end of the day.

I noticed LOL.

Exactly, headlamp bling- wouldn't you recommend Clear Corners or E Codes? What V8 options are there anyway?

Restomod! haha- thatswhatimdoin%

If OP is bold enough to retro SRT Calipers to his C5, not sure he's a HP2 kinda guy, I dunno. But if you wanna slow down REALLY fast inaC5- some 8 pots might do it for ya.

Shzt, you ask me- I say he RS6 Estates' it,,, or keeps it rolling.

jcman 09-14-2016 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Eurylo (Post 24858081)
I noticed LOL.

Exactly, headlamp bling- wouldn't you recommend Clear Corners or E Codes? What V8 options are there anyway?

Restomod! haha- thatswhatimdoin%

If OP is bold enough to retro SRT Calipers to his C5, not sure he's a HP2 kinda guy, I dunno. But if you wanna slow down REALLY fast inaC5- some 8 pots might do it for ya.

Shzt, you ask me- I say he RS6 Estates' it,,, or keeps it rolling.

To answer your question I don't know what wide body lamp options are available, with brakes I stay OE and not ATE because they rust and wear way faster then Zimmerman's.

SloopJohnB@mac.com 09-14-2016 07:14 PM

Sticky tires stop you faster.

Originally Posted by Mason Villafane (Post 24857614)
Just bought a 2002 S6 Avant Wagon. Been reading up and becoming familiar but right now I'd like to just rely on the knowledge here and post a couple direct questions..

1. What is the best bang for the dollar regarding rotors.. What's everybody doing? Selection of O.D's?

2. I'd like to replace the yellowed head lights with some new led jobs... Same thing, whats popular product wise,.. Etc

More to come... Please and thank you in advance

Bigger calipers are like bigger cigars.
Stainless braided brake lines can be problematic...I like Kevlar braided/jacket lines. They can improve feel.

Mason Villafane 09-15-2016 07:03 AM

Alright, so its been a few days and I've accomplished some things, lol...

First, as you already know, I purchased a set of Brembo Calipers off an SRT-8 Cherokee. I wanted to fabricate a bracket to mount them but my problem is no 2 piece manufacturers took me seriously and I should expect that,...

I really just needed a company to produce a rotor hat (5x112, tapered bore, 14 mm lug bore and with the proper widebody rotor offset) that would bolt up to a rotor ring that would wind up being a 360mmx32mm (fronts) and 350mmx28mm (rear) equivalent.... Nobody took it seriously and all I received were excuses about finding or making product that could fit my requirement...SO

Ill have to further research and pursue this upgrade myself.

Long story short I have settled for some high speed, low drag custom rotors and pads through adamsrotors.com They will look amazing, I am sure- but Ill have to stick with the OEM calipers for now.

Mason Villafane 09-15-2016 07:10 AM

With regard to the head lights...I have found an R8 type headlamp on ebay through Autoolosa, which should fit the widebody and look amazing as well...but the one catch is they will not work if my vehicle is originally HID.....so Im currently researching that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131759741116?euid=4c94f816836143cb9e2366ed093d19bb&bu=43777538391&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu