A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Rear Parking Sensors not working :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
No, there is only one buzzer for the rear parktronic. You can find detailed instructions on how to remove the rear shelf in the AW tech article here: https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec148.shtml
Thanks a lot for your reply,

best regards
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2009 A4 Parking Sensor

I have a 2009 A4 and the parking sensor just went out. It no longer beeps when I put the car in reverse and when I go to the settings to try to change the volume of the beep, it is frozen and won't let me adjust.

Is there something I can reset to see if I can get it to work again before bringing it to the dealership?

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

if you don't hear anything, it is likely that your buzzer is out. It happened to me and changing the buzzer solved it. I bought 2 at the time and have one extra, PM me if interested.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ditto

Originally Posted by jrk2717
I have a 2009 A4 and the parking sensor just went out. It no longer beeps when I put the car in reverse and when I go to the settings to try to change the volume of the beep, it is frozen and won't let me adjust.

Is there something I can reset to see if I can get it to work again before bringing it to the dealership?

Thanks for your help!
Same thing just randomly happened to me too seemingly overnight. How was your problem solved?
Old 01-15-2016, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by germancarlover89
Same thing just randomly happened to me too seemingly overnight. How was your problem solved?
I just bought a 2006 A6 and my car has the same issue, no sound and can't adjust the settings (frozen) in the MMI. Going to check fuses and buzzer today. Any info or suggestions on a fix for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by I'mAudi5000G
I just bought a 2006 A6 and my car has the same issue, no sound and can't adjust the settings (frozen) in the MMI. Going to check fuses and buzzer today. Any info or suggestions on a fix for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have checked the fuses (good) and I can here all the sensors working so I removed the buzzer and tested it. It was not working so now I'm looking for a replacement and I will update this post if this fixes the problem.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by I'mAudi5000G
I have checked the fuses (good) and I can here all the sensors working so I removed the buzzer and tested it. It was not working so now I'm looking for a replacement and I will update this post if this fixes the problem.
Hi i have same problem do you ever solve this thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A6 Parking assist issue

I have an Audi A6 2006 with front and rear parking assist sensors.
The problem is when I put reverse in my car, a long beep sounds and the light in the button of the parking assist is blinking.
I read that this alarm is because something is wrong with the Parking assist. I have checked the sensors and they seems to be fine.
Also, the MMI doesn't allow me to change the volume or the frequency of the beep.
Some of you guys know what could be wrong with the parking assist system?

Regards

(sorry for my English, it's not my native language)
Old 01-21-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by blackcats117
Hi i have same problem do you ever solve this thanks in advance
Yes, this was the fix for this issue. Replaced the buzzer (Audi part# 8E0919279) and now it works perfectly!
Old 01-21-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Alonso Ramos
I have an Audi A6 2006 with front and rear parking assist sensors.
The problem is when I put reverse in my car, a long beep sounds and the light in the button of the parking assist is blinking.
I read that this alarm is because something is wrong with the Parking assist. I have checked the sensors and they seems to be fine.
Also, the MMI doesn't allow me to change the volume or the frequency of the beep.
Some of you guys know what could be wrong with the parking assist system?

Regards

(sorry for my English, it's not my native language)
One of your sensors is probably bad. You can test them by listening to each sensor with the engine off and the parking system turned on. Place your ear up to each sensor closely and you should hear a very faint clicking sound.

Quick Reply: Rear Parking Sensors not working :(