A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

rustoleum tail light tint silver sucess

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustoleum tail light tint silver sucess

here i have a step by step how i tinted my tailights with the rustoleum spray very happy with my results
Attached Images      
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

How is the light out-put?

I don't know about silver tint on my tails, but since my car is silver, I think this would be kinda nice over my side-markers (currently smoked).
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

How will you pass State inspection?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

pics lit up or it didnt happen , also, if this does not pass inspection isnt this illegal and as such shouldn't the moderators close the thread?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cops around here would be licking there chops and clicking the pens, hope you don't get a lot of fog or snow blinds, the ticket is yours if you get rear ended and it's your fault with non-dot mods.

Remember that you are not the only one on the road, keep it safe first.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jcman
The cops around here would be licking there chops and clicking the pens, hope you don't get a lot of fog or snow blinds, the ticket is yours if you get rear ended and it's your fault with non-dot mods.

Remember that you are not the only one on the road, keep it safe first.
worse then no-DOT tails are non-DOT HID conversions. SOOOO annoying!!! and HIGHLy ILLEGAL
Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You had perfectly good taillights before...
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not that this matters much to the op, for the rest, it would be wise to consider other drivers on the road.

One recent event involved a HID conversion in a Honda Accord where the brightness was so overwhelming and blinded the driver coming to make a left turn that he ended up head-on to the light pole.

Another event with a young driver who thought it was cool to "upgrade" his headlights with purple HIDs, ended up hitting a parked BMW on a rainy night. -read: Higher temp bulbs produce less visible light that our eyes can see.

There are many stories like this and with stock HIDs in my car, I am careful to lower them (VAG-COM) where it is not compromising my driving or other drivers. I see these non-competent drivers who think it is just cool to have bright headlights and they really don't understand a thing about proper upgrading. They just stick the re-based bulbs into stock headlights and think they did it! One guy even kept replacing higher temp bulbs to get that "purple" effect that is present in Audis and BMWs. He had no idea that this is actually due to the cut-off shield in place to prevent blinding other drivers!

I'd suggest people looking to mod their fog lamps and other lamps with HIDs to learn a bit before you start your project. I am not against anyone wishing to have better light output and so forth. Just do it right and enjoy. I've done a HID upgrade on my bro's Passat into the stock headlights but, it already had projectors with shields etc. and just needed to be modified a bit to accommodate the HIDs. Later we installed the headlight washers as well to clean them -as required by DOT for HID headlights.