A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

So I sold my 4.2...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I sold my 4.2...

I guess I won't be able to whine about it here anymore! It was sold via my sig-file having the "for sale" on it for a while. Someone from another forum noticed it and referred my buyer to me. Cool.

I went and test drove an E500...I'm too young and too not wanting that Benz image stereotype to go that way.

The 540i is a very nice car, but the rear seats are simply too small for average adults, and the interior is too plasticy and dated looking as well as having (compared to Audi) poor fit/finish.

Am I overlooking any other possible cars that might make me happy?

So I guess I'm going to order an S6!

The only serious question is color. Amulet is winning the color debate, but until the recount is done, who knows. The other toss-ups are whether to go with the plastic, err, um, Alcantara seats, and whether to get the solar sunroof (we don't care so much about the roof, but really just want the rear window shade pull-ups). I will say that the options list is pleasantly short compared to MB and BMW. Has anyone configured a car on their web sites recently? There are literally dozens (and then some) of options/configurations.

Last question for you all. How much over invoice for an <i>ordered</i> 2003 should I expect to pay? I'm not into fvcking the dealer over, but I'd rather play the game a bit than get screwed myself...
Old 11-07-2002, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ok, I have a great solution here...

But before I dive into that... Why on earth would you sell your 4.2 and go look at the E500 and 540? That's just wrong. I guess your time without an Audi will be punishment enough, though.

But yeah, I would get a 2.7T, take the saved cash, sell your Z3 (isn't that it? a Z3?) and apply that to a 993 (sport for the C4S). Forget the whole roadster thing, that's such a waste! :b

This way, you can have an early midlife crisis, AND be logical! You can be badass and responsible on each side of your garage.

I can already see the checkered floor, and neon signs on the Porsche side.

Do it! Do it!!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congrats!!

After sitting in the Alcantara seats, I have to say I like how they hold you in place! I don't know about any "cons" offhand, except they might be more difficult to clean.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Alcantara doesn't get dirty if you don't violate the rules...

Like, nothing in the car. Nothing.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default And don't let people in unless they know the rules! ->

Unlike the time a few months after my I got my car... we went on a trip to Naples with my in-laws in the back.. my mother-in-law decides to whip out some nail polish and start painting her nails!!! THE HORROR!!! After I caught a whiff of that stuff, I just glanced over to hubby and he knew right off I was steaming! Then he kindy asked his mother to put away the nail polish because the smell was bothering him.

After we got back home from the trip, I was cleaning out the car and noticed some green stuff on the seats! THE HORROR!!! It looked like marker ink! Luckily, I was able to clean it off with Lexol and some elbow grease.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Haven't needed to be cleaned yet in 10 months...still new looking...

12,000+ miles, no wear, no filth...just buttery-smooth polyester!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, I almost killed my mother-in-law when she broke out a chocolate bar!!!

I reminded her that eating was not optional in the car (4.2)...after they left (finally), I went back there to clean up the dirt they left all over the back of the seats, the door sills, carpets, etc (most not really their fault, it was dusty at Yosemite)...and I found CHOCOLATE on the seat!!! Goddammit!!!!!!! It cleaned up easily, but re-affirmed my psychoticness about eating in the car...not even adults can eat neatly!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah?! You probably wipe everyone down before they get in!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't believe he's tempted in the slightest by the 2.7T...

He <i><b>needs</b></i> a wagon!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've asked the moderators to delete your post. Bad. BAD! I will not read again...I will not read...

Seriously, I don't really feel the heat for the 2.7, but do for the S6.

My plan is to have the S6 and sell off all the detritus as soon as the new S8's are available...that car I have a serious lust for!

Quick Reply: So I sold my 4.2...