A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Is there anyway to disable.....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anyway to disable.....?

Hello, is there a way to disable the motion sensor of an A6? I used to use the button by the driver's door and that kept on breaking down. I checked Stoney's FAQs and did not see what I was looking for. (Does window recode disable the motion sensor?) If you have an answer with the correct VAG-COM recode, I will be much obliged. Kindest regards.

PS: Doing some nice upgrades, RNS-E, etc.. stay tuned!!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you can use a vag-com to reduce the sensitivity of the alarm, and I'm reasonably sure that

the sensitivity can be lowered to a point that essentially takes the interior motion sensor out of the picture.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. Mine is set to lowest possible. It does not turn it off, but it helps.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you for the information!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ARGH! I've got a 2001 A6 and this is a problem for me as well... I think I may just rip the motion sensors out because even at the lowest setting (50) it still goes off all the time, and I don't always remember to disable it manually with the door switch. The previous owner must have had the same problem because the alarm horn is actually disabled altogether. I'd really like to get my alarm horn working again, but not if it will be set off all the time by the motion sensor.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by firstorbit84
ARGH! I've got a 2001 A6 and this is a problem for me as well... I think I may just rip the motion sensors out because even at the lowest setting (50) it still goes off all the time, and I don't always remember to disable it manually with the door switch. The previous owner must have had the same problem because the alarm horn is actually disabled altogether. I'd really like to get my alarm horn working again, but not if it will be set off all the time by the motion sensor.
Horns are crap in Audi. Then I got my allroad, it was actually still working but eventually crapped out completely due to alarm going off all the time when I left my windows cracked. Even the 50% setting helps only partially... as soon as any sort of wind blows by the car goes off, well starts flashing lights since horn is out.

My co-worker with A4 has exactly same problem. As soon as she leaves the windows cracked the alarm never stops going off if she forgets to press the button.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the response, but seems like there is still no answer?

Where are the motion sensors actually located?? I think I'm just going to pull them out.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

top of B-pillar's
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

aha! I was showing the car to a co-worker today and he noticed those things and asked what they were... He said they looked like speakers, but I knew the tweeters were in the doors, so I shrugged and said they were probably more air vents. I'm gonna go bust 'em open! If I just remove whatever circuitry is inside will it cause any other problems??
Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

boooooom!!! no more f*in motion sensors... 3 hours and 3 beers. followed most of the instructions on this page: https://www.audiworld.com/tech/int67.shtml except I only removed the handles, coat hook, air bag cover, unbolted the air bag, removed the metal plate covering the motion sensor box, then disconnected and unbolted the motion sensor box... after checking if nothing crazy happened when I locked or started the car, I put it all back together.

everything else seems to work fine. I even tested the alarm by arming it from inside the car, and opening the door, it went off normally.... so, I hooked up the alarm horn, which was disconnected but it sounds like it has laryngitis, probably from going off so many times because of the motion sensors... either way, a win in my book... only difference is that when I arm the alarm, the light on the door goes solid for about 30 seconds before it starts blinking normally....

If I get the ***** to pull it all apart again, I was thinking that some extra ambient light LEDs might go nicely in the grilles that previously held the motion sensors...

anyone wanna buy two overly sensitive motion sensor assemblies???

Quick Reply: Is there anyway to disable.....?