A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Thinking of buying 2000 A6 2.8Q with 69K..CPO..Got a few questions. LONG

Old 03-24-2005, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of buying 2000 A6 2.8Q with 69K..CPO..Got a few questions. LONG

Hi everyone:

It has been quite a while since I have been to this page. Ever since I sold my A6 Avant I have been lurking in the OFFtopic page. Couldnt stop visiting the Audiworld even though I didnt have an Audi anymore.
Well about 18 months later, it seems like I am very close to buying another A6.
You can see the details of my initial "ordeal" relating to this sale in the link below.

Looks like the things are looking better.
The dealer is now selling the car to me for 14,100.00, and has got a green light from AudiUSA CPO headquarters in Minnesota to go ahead and "extend" the CPO for another 2 years.
I highly doubted that it was going to happen, but we will see. He called himself the Audiusa's "Goldenboy" because he claims to sell the most CPOs in the USA etc.
Anyway, the way things are, I will only buy the car if it is CPO for another 2 yrs/or 100,000 miles.
A few concerns about the car were,
- The A6 and 2.8 emblems were not at the original place on trunk, But my previous A6 was rear ended at 20 mph and the bodyshop had to replace the emblems so they could repaint. So, I think it doesnt mean the car was in a real bad accident, nothing is showing up in the CARFAX report(which doesnt mean jack, because they sometimes dont reprt every accident).
- 2ndly, the car has had a few visits to the dealer due to "engine service" and "electrical service". I am in the process of calling the dealer who worked on the car to get some details
- The milage was reported at 60K, it turns out the milage really was 69K. The Oner of the dealership claims human error, and is taking 750 off the ebay auction price.
Looking at all of this, I am of teh opinion that 14100, is a good price for a 2000 2.8Q with 69K and CPO.
I was in the market for an inexpensive family car, wasnt even thinking about an A6, but for the same price of a 2002-2003 honda accord with 30-40K miles, I am getting a higher milage but CPO A6. Yes the market value after 3 yrs will eb much different on teh A6 and teh Accord, but thats teh price I pay to have the A6 i guess.

To me it is a pretty good deal..
And worse case if there IS something wrong with teh car, the CPO shoud cover it.
The dealer "claims" that they will have to check the car inside out to make sure nothing is wrong, so they can Certify the car, and they "can" be in trouble , (specially in this case when Audi is doing them a special favor and extending the CPO), if something goes wrong with teh car in teh near future that could/shoudl have been caught in the 300 point inspection
Now I have spoken to my local dealer, and een he has never heard of such a thing where Audi will let a dealer CPO a car that is coming out of an existing CPO.
What do you guys say..<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/3749328.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/3749328.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 03-24-2005, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repost

Whats wrong with you? OT didnt smack you around enough the first time you asked this?

I'm just giving you sh*t, but like we already suggested, you need to find another car, and another dealer IMHO.

Deal with liars all you want. You think this might be an indication of how they treat you down the road...?

What else do you think "they forgot" to disclose or decided not to tell you about this car?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wont have to deal with them ever again after I buy..They are 530 miles away

Once I buy the car and IT IS CPO, I can go to my local Audi dealer 3 miles away, they have been pretty good to me.
Other than that the only reason i am even looking at this A6 i because of teh price.
there are other A6s out there but for a higher price and if I have to spend 5000-6000 more, i will probably have to settle for an Accord, drive that for a couple of years, sell it because it will have much better resale . I need something inexpensive while I establish my business
Old 03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default and you dont think there is a reason this car is priced 5-6K lower?

So far youve told us nothing good about this car or the dealer. At least not good news to me.

It seems like you keep posting about it with hopes everyone here will close one eye and say, "go for it, its a great deal"...

Sadly however, no one aside of me has responded on your third attempt at what seems a search for assurance around here.

If it were such a great deal, we would have told you the first two times you posted about it.

I personally dont trust the car, its history and from what youve shared with us definetly do not trust the dealer or their word, one bit.

Do what <b>you</b> want, but if you ask me, and you did (when you posted the question 3 times) I'll stand by what I said and tell you what many have told me around here...

"There are a LOT of A6's on the market. Be patient and the right one will eventally materialize for you"

Do what you want, as with anything in life but if you dont like the answer, our response not going to change with a 4th post about it, (unless they give it to you for free

HTH
Old 03-24-2005, 01:15 PM

Default I used to sell Audi's and I would not touch that car.

If they took very good care of that car, why are the rear badges not in correct order? And then the mileage thing that is a huge difference. Audi doesnt like to give out warranties and for them to volenteer that inorder to sell the car, it would make me think as I leave that car far away in my rear view mirror and never think about it again. Sometimes the best deal is not the best deal in the long run.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:15 PM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default He's looking for something reliable.....he won't find it in that car.......

...lot's of gremlins in that car I'll bet.

He should buy the Honda....
Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 PM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default CPO is 6yrs/100k from in service date.........

nobody can change that. I'll bet you get some aftermarket warranty
Old 03-24-2005, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It has been made clear to the Owner of the dealership that I will ONLY buy IF the car has CPO
Old 03-24-2005, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It may come down to that..Accord isnt exciting but a cheap reliable commuter..
Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Update: Spoke to Finance manager, he confirmed that they are awaiting an override code from AUDIUSA

that can be used to "extend" or "recertify" the car..he said their when they try to certify the car the Audiusa computer is giving them an NG error.
They are awaiting an override password, promised by Audiusa earlier today so the computer will accept an extension.
I did tell him that everyone I talk to has NEVER heard of an extension on the CPO.
The finance manager claims the same, that even though its not done all teh time, exceptions CAN be made if AUDI wants to. He claims that the Owner explained how an EBAY auction was set up with incorrect info, and that the auction is a legal-binding contract, and that teh dealer wants AudiUSA to make an exception and make teh customer happy and deliver what was promised.
Ofcourse its all "sales man pitch"..
But we shall see...
thank you all for your time and honest feedback

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of buying 2000 A6 2.8Q with 69K..CPO..Got a few questions. LONG