A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

05 a6 3.2 lost everything box fuse number 5

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 a6 3.2 lost everything box fuse number 5

Hey all I'm new here and new to the c6 platform as I just bought the car last week it is a 05 a6 quattro 3.2 and it has some gremlins I thought I was gonna be lucky and have a fuse fix it wrong it lasted a few days so I drove it home the nite I bought it and almost didn't make it car had no power and the more throttle I gave it the less I had once goin it was OK till I put gas in it then was worst but got it home plugged it into the ross tech and I had 10 codes basically saying they all had a bad ground circuit all 02 sensors the intake flaps and I believe the secondary air injection well I pulled cowl panel off under the hood and opened box one the e-box on driverside and checked the two relays numbered 617 the one closest to passenger side had power and was working the one next to it was dead nothing so in same box fuse number 5 was blown it was a 15 amp fuse I replaced it took car for ride mint check engine light went out and car was running and driving perfect I was like sweet well I drove it local for two days it sat for couple then took it to work today got to work no probs besides gas light come on so after work I decide to fill it up with super and all the way to gas station it didn't have much power and check engine light came back on so I fill it come out of store and river of gas flowing out of the middle of car I pull it into a dirt area look under it and see it coming from top of tank so pull rear seat and passenger panel and see a 3rd nipple with gas bubbling out so I'm thinking a line come off but no lines around besides the two hooked up so to save my gas and not have to risk blowing up I plug it with screw that stopped it so second I pull e-box cover off and check fuse number 5 and yup it was blown so I replace it and start the car and drive off well that fuse and 7 others once I got home all blew but only blow once I use accelerator so I check plugs for corrosion and found a couple grounds and cleaned them up and cleaned the battery terminals and still popping fuses I jumped the fuse for couple seconds and could hear some of the flap motors working but didn't wanna jump it long I'm at a lost any body able to help me figure it out or had the same issue? And thank you in advance for any help
Old 11-01-2016, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That's the longest sentence I've ever seen. Before your do blow yourself up I'd get it to a good mechanic, and soon.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Is your fuel pump working, also check the lines to the fuel filter and replace the filter. But this could be something entirely different, so post the complete vcds scan and you stated the car is leaking gas... That is a VERY bad thing and dangerous situation. Get it on a lift and determine what's happening ASAP.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry about the title was suposed to be e-box power at fuse 5 and yes first thing I did was change fuel filter. I stopped the fuel leak it was coming out a 3rd nipple on sending unit same type as the fuel lines connect to.the car runs and drives still just has no power and while it was running I unplugged the fuel pump in tank and car died. From what I gathered the number 5 fuse in the driverside box under the cowl runs maf,secondary air injection pumprelay,evap canister purge regulator valve,secondary air injection solenoid valve,the left and right hydraulic engine mounts,intake manifold change over valve,air intake switch over valve,intake manifold runner control valve fuel metering valve leak detection pump. Seems like a lot of stuff for one fuse but that fuse powers the middle 614 relay
Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dale edson
Sorry about the title was suposed to be e-box power at fuse 5 and yes first thing I did was change fuel filter. I stopped the fuel leak it was coming out a 3rd nipple on sending unit same type as the fuel lines connect to.the car runs and drives still just has no power and while it was running I unplugged the fuel pump in tank and car died. From what I gathered the number 5 fuse in the driverside box under the cowl runs maf,secondary air injection pumprelay,evap canister purge regulator valve,secondary air injection solenoid valve,the left and right hydraulic engine mounts,intake manifold change over valve,air intake switch over valve,intake manifold runner control valve fuel metering valve leak detection pump. Seems like a lot of stuff for one fuse but that fuse powers the middle 614 relay
was the missing hose a evap line?
Old 11-09-2016, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No and it was suposed to have a cap on it and whoever changed it never put it on