A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2006 Audi A6 S Line w/all kinds of problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Audi A6 S Line w/all kinds of problems

Just got the car a week ago finding all kinds of problems with the car major oil leak ,there’s something going on with the parking brake .maybe it’s the ABS module or if it might be a problem somewhere else! Replaced the rear caliper parking brake motor because the plug was broke. Sent emailed to Cheap ABS hoping to hear from them soon thanks everybody for Posting all the different issues to help me get my car straightened out !
Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Help ! Just got the car all kinds of issues

Just got the car a week ago finding all kinds of problems with the car major oil leak ,there’s something going on with the parking brake .maybe it’s the ABS module or if it might be a problem somewhere else! Replaced the rear caliper parking brake motor because the plug was broke. Sent emailed to Cheap ABS hoping to hear from them soon thanks everybody for Posting all the different issues to help me get my car straightened out ! Traded my old car for this one just trying to figure out This brake problem driving me nuts !!!!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

D, welcome aboard! What kind of car are you working on?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Inde

Originally Posted by Dmax5868
Just got the car a week ago finding all kinds of problems with the car major oil leak ,there’s something going on with the parking brake .maybe it’s the ABS module or if it might be a problem somewhere else! Replaced the rear caliper parking brake motor because the plug was broke. Sent emailed to Cheap ABS hoping to hear from them soon thanks everybody for Posting all the different issues to help me get my car straightened out !
you need a good mechanic, kind of hard to tell someone what is wrong with their car over the internet is difficult, bring it to a mechanic, have them pull codes and diagnose and prioritize
Old 12-07-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello and thank you for responding working on a 2006 Audi a 6S line the major thing right now is I’m having problem with the brakes when I got the car the power break motor attached to the passenger side rear caliper was broken at the plug. so I replaced it and have since been trying to get the power brakes the work so I can get all the lights and buzzing off on the dashboard ,at this point I have replaced the power brake module or the handbrake model twice to no avail I’m now waiting to hear from Cheap ABS to see if maybe the problem is the ABS module. it seems like every time I get one thing straightened out something else starts to act up I put gas in it the other day in the gas gauge started acting crazy now it’s not working at all along with the MMI read out for the radio the one it’s by the speedometer. I pulled the fuses this morning 15 and 1nothings happened. any help would be greatly appreciate it thanks in advance .
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

D, if you have access to the VCDS tool, I'd do a scan so you are not throwing parts at problems.

Oil leaks at the valve covers and timing chain covers are common. Needs to be corrected.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’m using a Autel maxisys ms 906 scanner and I am the mechanic however this is my first Audi !
Old 12-07-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

I’m using a Autel maxisys ms 906 scanner and I am the mechanic however this is my first Audi !
So post what the scan via the tool says? I've never used that specific tool, but if it can't do what a VCDS does...in your current state, it would be a good investment for you vs. throwing parts at a problem you can't deduce.

Not sure what this sentence actually means "...the gas gauge started acting crazy now it’s not working at all along with the MMI read out for the radio the one it’s by the speedometer. I pulled the fuses this morning 15 and 1nothings happened." But can you restate it as to what's happening?

What fuses are you talking about?
Old 12-07-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default fuses

Originally Posted by raj99
So post what the scan via the tool says? I've never used that specific tool, but if it can't do what a VCDS does...in your current state, it would be a good investment for you vs. throwing parts at a problem you can't deduce.

Not sure what this sentence actually means "...the gas gauge started acting crazy now it’s not working at all along with the MMI read out for the radio the one it’s by the speedometer. I pulled the fuses this morning 15 and 1nothings happened." But can you restate it as to what's happening?

What fuses are you talking about?
fuse 15 is instrument cluster and 1 (brown holder) is fuel pump. I read online last night that to possibly fix it pull these two and try to start the car it did not work. When I ran the codes i got a 0473 Control module for electronic park/ hand brake module number J540 DT and the message that said cannot not connect . I also got a bunch of other codes 0438,0003 1446, 1042, 1044, 2272 . Not sure if I mentioned it before but when I got the car the power brake motor on the passenger side rear caliper was broken at the plug so I replaced it and so far still getting the same problems with the flashing lights on the dashboard really not sure as to what’s going on and thank you for your help . So I checked the wire from the module to the right rear caliper wiring is OK !
Old 12-08-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

fuse 15 is instrument cluster and 1 (brown holder) is fuel pump. I read online last night that to possibly fix it pull these two and try to start the car it did not work. When I ran the codes i got a 0473 Control module for electronic park/ hand brake module number J540 DT and the message that said cannot not connect . I also got a bunch of other codes 0438,0003 1446, 1042, 1044, 2272 . Not sure if I mentioned it before but when I got the car the power brake motor on the passenger side rear caliper was broken at the plug so I replaced it and so far still getting the same problems with the flashing lights on the dashboard really not sure as to what’s going on and thank you for your help . So I checked the wire from the module to the right rear caliper wiring is OK !
So those codes don't mean much without a log of some kind. My suggestion to you would be either invest in a VCDS or go to a german car mechanic and ask them to pull a complete log and post it.

You could have a number of issues, since you have no history on the car and don't know what's exactly wrong with it before you go it. The only way to figure that out will be through data and analyzing possible culprits. Yeah it could be a bad control module, but then again could be power mgmt., or ???