A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2009 A6 passenger door latch, and water pump at 75k mile service

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 A6 passenger door latch, and water pump at 75k mile service

Hello, I purchased a 2009 A6 3.0t a year ago with 69K miles. The car currently sits at 79K miles and is in the dealership for the 75K service and airbag recall. I've also not had a functional front passenger door lock for a month now and asked them to look into that. They have come back with a $985+ tax door latch replacement, and also said my water pump needs to be replaced at over $1600+ tax. Am I being taken for a ride on these prices? 1600 sounds like a lot for a water pump, and I have no idea what to think about the door latch as I've never had one fail on any car before. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

I am sure that a local independent will be cheaper. Where are you located?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I am sure that a local independent will be cheaper. Where are you located?
I'm having the vehicle serviced at Audi Bellevue in Washington. Called an independent shop in renton and they said the price sounds about right, as it's very labor intensive and he believes the supercharger needs to be removed to access the pump. I mentioned that I have been and plan to continue to be a long time Audi customer and asked if the dealer would help me out a bit on the cost. The service advisor gave me 10% off, plus said he would ask another advisor if he can do anything else for me when that person is back in later this week.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunner Erlenmeyer
I'm having the vehicle serviced at Audi Bellevue in Washington. Called an independent shop in renton and they said the price sounds about right, as it's very labor intensive and he believes the supercharger needs to be removed to access the pump. I mentioned that I have been and plan to continue to be a long time Audi customer and asked if the dealer would help me out a bit on the cost. The service advisor gave me 10% off, plus said he would ask another advisor if he can do anything else for me when that person is back in later this week.
Try giving Redmond autowerks a call... BTW you're right in my backyard, so lmk if you need a hand.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I've had Indy replace two lock actuator assy on '08

When I bought my '08 w/128K 3 yrs ago I had not checked locks! Bad Mistake, after riding train and meeting owner 4 hrs away I found when I got to my evenings destination that I couldn't lock the car! In the process of fumbling around on the streets or Providence,RI and losing (and not noticing) a hearing aid in the process I locked everything in a friend's car. When I got back to CNY my mechanic diagnosed it as a bad lock actuator assy. I ordered OEM AUDI one through emiparts.com for around $250 or so. My mechanic installed it for $125-150 as I remember. I believe it's a straightforward if somewhat tedious job. This was pass door. Driver's side is somewhat worse. (It crapped out a year or two later) Here's a link to a one of the more reasonable online parts sources.If you're not in a hurry I'd call Andrew or Julian at emiparts.com. They're members of the AUDI community & have been great to deal with for the past 5-6 yr. My mechanic, formerly top guy at a VW shop says they're more knowledgeable about parts than the guys in the dealership where he worked! Here's online link to the lock assy. There were some changes during C6 platform run so have your VIN in hand. YMMV
https://www.audiusaparts.com/oem-par...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

Old 02-26-2019, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Try giving Redmond autowerks a call... BTW you're right in my backyard, so lmk if you need a hand.
Gunner, take Raj up on his offer. He is a GREAT resource.