A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 4f 2.0TDi BRE engine - random not starting on first attempt

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 4f 2.0TDi BRE engine - random not starting on first attempt

Hello,

For a couple of months now, I've been having some random issues when starting my car: A6 4f 2.0TDI BRE engine code, 2008 year, sometimes the car doesn't start on the first attempt:
  • put key in, everything ok, no errors no engine check, turn key and release, car spins 1/2 the engine and stalls with a short grinding noise in the background
  • remove key from contact, repeat start procedure, car starts normal, like nothing had happen
  • every time on the second attempt of start, car starts smooth
  • no error codes stored, no difference in driving noticed since this issues started appearing
I've tried changing the battery, didn't help with anything. The weird thing is that the car doesn't store any error codes at all and is not influenced by the weather or the amount of time it has been driven, it's happening random.
I've been to multiple shops, but so far didn't have any luck with it, only assumptions and head scratching.

Have any of you guys experienced this or have had issues related with this, I'm currently at a standstill and don't really know where to start checking or what to look for.

Thank you!