A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread...igniter and what not...I dont know what to do, keep resetting or replace hardware.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by haha bye
Check out this thread...igniter and what not...I dont know what to do, keep resetting or replace hardware.
What code are you getting?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 A6 4.2

Originally Posted by DrCold
My airbag light just came on (solid) this last week. I have a 2006 as well. They must be timed.

Unfortunately my warrenty has run out and I have yet to get an extended warranty (issues getting confirmation if the warranty is valid on a US car in Canada). Mine will have to wait for now as I have a fairly lound "grinding" or metal on metal sound when the car is in motion. I'm guessing wheel bearings, but it could be anything. Can't touch the airbag light till that's paid for.
Did you find what was the problem? I have the same issue..
Old 05-23-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did someone sit in the middle in the back? If so, it's probably the weight limit problem that is a common issue. Do you have VAGCOM to see what error it's throwing? In all likelihood that's it and you can just clear the code and go on with it. When I had the issue, I sucked it up and bought VAGCOM. Then I was able to fix the issue myself easily for the cost of a visit and have it for the future.

I guess I could charge something to ship mine to you if you'd prefer not to buy your own.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6

Originally Posted by schalliol
Did someone sit in the middle in the back? If so, it's probably the weight limit problem that is a common issue. Do you have VAGCOM to see what error it's throwing? In all likelihood that's it and you can just clear the code and go on with it. When I had the issue, I sucked it up and bought VAGCOM. Then I was able to fix the issue myself easily for the cost of a visit and have it for the future.

I guess I could charge something to ship mine to you if you'd prefer not to buy your own.
A6 quattro 4.2 sedan.....

Thank you so much for the offer I guess im going to buy one for future problems.. Im just curious about the noise my car is making something like one of the tires are touching something i had it for 3 weeks already I check everything and can't find anything.. And is not any engine noise..
Old 05-23-2015, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's no fun at all. You'll be glad you bought VAGCOM if you plan to keep he car for a while. You can even get cheaper oil changes (with Audi spec oil) and use it to reset the service minder
Old 05-23-2015, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ..

Thank you so much for your help
Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default I am 2.

Originally Posted by hexpert
Hi guys I'm new to this forum

I got 2006 A6 3.2 Q and got an airbag light flashing
I went through some postings and they said it has something to do with back seat problem

What is the best solution for this type of problem? Going to local garage and check through VIA COM?

Thanks in advance!
I have sam issue. I'm told my airbag module and seat steering module are burned. Have to replace them..
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hexpert doesn't seem to have the rear seat problem, as that doesn't cause a flashing air bag light (it just stays on). I'd make sure to get the codes before buying what must be expensive modules. Please feel free to post them here.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
hexpert doesn't seem to have the rear seat problem, as that doesn't cause a flashing air bag light (it just stays on). I'd make sure to get the codes before buying what must be expensive modules. Please feel free to post them here.
saw the modules they are burned.just hoping someone matches my part number in spare parts

Quick Reply: A6 air bag light