A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 Blackout Complete w LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty good. You are lucky to get it done under insurance. When my bumper got replaced the shop did not approve the swap of S6 LED's even though i have the s-line bumper.

Question:
Is the Euro S6 honeycomb grill the same as RS6 Grill which costs around $600.00???? Or is it cheaper than that, they both looks the same.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LadroAudiA6
I dont get conversions to x or y or z or in this case S6... It will never be a true S6; why try to pretend?

That's just my .02

But it looks nice I must say; I want to black out my grill as well; how much was your grill? and where did you obtain it from?
I agree w Ladro in some cases... U see s-badges, s-line badges rims grills ..sometimes it's not cool. N i dont even have n s6. BUT this is all right . If u want the LEDs it's much easier n looks nicer to just get the S6 bumper. The honeycomb is from RS6 not s6 ..n 99% of people won't know that anyway. I think its a nice borrow from big brothers plus ...it looks good ... That said the wheels stand out now... Maybe look out of place....19s powder coated n lowering would make it nice. Black cars are a bit tougher to keep clean n blacked out cars even more....I seen a blacked out car once w dirty tires...it looks soo bad... They don't have to be slick shiny but if they r clean ur whole car will stay looking fierce.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audia6s
I am going to leave my a6 parked outside of the garage so when the wife backs out of it, I am going to get a free upgrade as well
As for resistors, I have a set of https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2801267 they were used to fix LED bulb error message. The resistors are rated at 50w60ohm and If I am not mistaken, your DRLs have ither 5 or 10 leds at 1 watt each so this resistor should work. Also check out tmtunning page, the have their resistors as well. They cost little more as they made it look fancy, but those the same thing.
ahahahah i dont think u can do that if you guys are on the same insurance.. i wanted to hit my brother to do some mods lmaoooo..... turns out u cant lol
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id deff add a set of rims though, 5 spoke i think look the best.
otherwise the car looks amazing.
btw, why didnt u connect your LED's to the side markers. thats where i have mine.. they work fine... and you can use them without the healights on..
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

IMO swapping out s6 parts is more than acceptable on A6's. But putting S badges are a bit out of place, dont mind the red strip though.

MainlandMig - Thanks for the info regarding the grill.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pcamaj
ahahahah i dont think u can do that if you guys are on the same insurance.. i wanted to hit my brother to do some mods lmaoooo..... turns out u cant lol
Why not? I am bit confused.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ssbmg
Hi everyone. I finally had the perfect opportunity to upgrade my 2006 A6 4.2 to the S6 bumper and LEDs with euro grill. Someone crashed into my car during a snowstorm so I took the opportunity for a "free" upgrade to the following:

-S6 Bumper Cover
-LED lights controlled by the fog light switch (yes, I get an error msg - I would love to know how to clear this)
-side marker black out
-Euro S6 honeycomb grill w/ black audi emblem
-rear tail lights tinted w/ clear reverse stripe
-rear audi emblem swapped with matte black
-blacked out all side window trim

All in all, this would've been a $2000-$3000 job had it not been for the wreck. Since most of this was covered by insurance, I was able to use the claim check to shop around for the parts needed to complete the custom look for around $500 out of pocket.

I would love to get some feedback, especially if you have tips for getting rid of the fog light error message. I could re-install the original fog lights and cover with black tape and hide somewhere behind the front bumper cover but I'm not sure how to wire correctly. Also I've read up on resistors but haven't found anything 100% guaranteed to work. Finally I've also heard that there is a way to reset the computer so that it thinks the LED resistance is correct.

LEDs look awesome at night... will try to remember to post more.
Sick look!!!
What year is your A6? Where did you find the lower grill for your LED's?

Old 05-20-2015, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Forgive me for being a thread Jesus but that is amazing. I'm going to do my window trim as well .