A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 (C6) 2006 - DVD Navigation device Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 (C6) 2006 - DVD Navigation device Problem

Hello... I am Denis from Bulgaria.. new user. Just registered.

I have one problem. From about 2 months i am proud owner of Audi A6 (C6) 3.0 TDI 2006. It happens that the DVD Navigation is not working. There is a disk with the navigation inside but it don't want to read or eject it. I have been in Audi's services to unlock the device but it still don't want to eject or read the DVD with the navigation. One friend told me to remove it and give it to some service or clean it my self.

The problem comes when i try to remove the device. It looks like i can't pull it out of that black metal place (where it's sitting) to remove the cables that are plugged in it. Could you please give me a hint how exactly i can remove the device because i can't reach it from the back to un-plug the cables. Is there a possible way to remove the black metal side so i can see and reach what's at the back of the device?

Here on the image you can see the maximum that i can pull it out before the cables at the back stops it: IMAGE

Thank you
Old 01-12-2011, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by instruct9r
Hello... I am Denis from Bulgaria.. new user. Just registered.

I have one problem. From about 2 months i am proud owner of Audi A6 (C6) 3.0 TDI 2006. It happens that the DVD Navigation is not working. There is a disk with the navigation inside but it don't want to read or eject it. I have been in Audi's services to unlock the device but it still don't want to eject or read the DVD with the navigation. One friend told me to remove it and give it to some service or clean it my self.

The problem comes when i try to remove the device. It looks like i can't pull it out of that black metal place (where it's sitting) to remove the cables that are plugged in it. Could you please give me a hint how exactly i can remove the device because i can't reach it from the back to un-plug the cables. Is there a possible way to remove the black metal side so i can see and reach what's at the back of the device?

Here on the image you can see the maximum that i can pull it out before the cables at the back stops it: IMAGE

Thank you
There is a VAG-COM setting to unlock the nav DVD. did audi dealership do it?
I am not sure how you are going to clean the unit or how it would help.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes. As i said the device has been unlocked.

I will most likely give it to some service for electronics. You just give me information on how to remove it from there.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

is there a fault in sys for the radio?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nope.. Nothing..

The only thing is that if i try to put a DVD inside it won't get it and in the same time if i push the NAV button the MMI says "PLease check navigation DVD"

I was in Auto's service actually and they told me that there is some problem, but they are not autorized to fix it. They can only replace it, but i want to take it off to try to fix it.

Isn't there a way to remove that device?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I am missing something. can you load DVD into nav or it is stuck inside and you cannot get dvd out?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When i push the NAV button it says "Please check Navigation DVD" which according the the MMI Manual means that there is no disk inside. But when i try to put a DVD disk in the device it wont get it. Also when the device is OFF and i push the button it starts spinning (i can hear it). So i guess there is a disk inside but its stuck and it don't want to read it.

I just want to remove that device from there to take it to some service.

Isn't there anybody that have experience removing that thing. I can't reach the damn cables to unplug them from the back.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the lock but I am sure that cleaning helps.

Mine did that once and when I took out the NAV Disk, it was pretty dirty (Nobody had soiled it, I think it got dirty by itself sitting in the trunk!!)

Cleaned it with a microfiber cloth and it is same as new !!!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a 2007 nav disc...

but I dont know if that would help...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by instruct9r
There is a disk with the navigation inside but it don't want to read or eject it. I have been in Audi's services to unlock the device but it still don't want to eject or read the DVD with the navigation. One friend told me to remove it and give it to some service or clean it my self.
Is your nav disk original or a burned/copied disk? This was happening to me when I upgraded the nav disk... I made a copy disk and filed the original disk for emergency. I guess the unit prefers original copies or a good burned disk using HIGH quality disks. *ALSO.. My unit would not release my disk just like yours... Well this seems to only happen when it has trouble reading disks... I believe it gets hung up re attempting to read the disk and doesn't release it.. I think I read on this forum somewhere that you have to "press n hold the eject button" and wait 45 seconds or more.. It worked for me but I waited over a minute or more... When it popped out I quickly grabbed the disk before it was swallowed up again. I have no issues with it now. I never had to remove or service the unit... I did not even clean it. When i upgrade the maps again i will just make sure it eats quality disks... Please note that around the same time I also upgraded my MMI and that could have helped keep it running smooth.
Good luck

Last edited by MainlandMig; 01-12-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: A6 (C6) 2006 - DVD Navigation device Problem