A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 (C6) 2006 - DVD Navigation device Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHen i got the car from it's old owner, there was a box of the original navigation disk, but the disk was not inside. So i guess the original disk is Inside.

Thanks for the advice i will test it today and will let you know if it works.
I have tried to hold the button, but never more than 15, 20 seconds.

cheers
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MainlandMig
I think I read on this forum somewhere that you have to "press n hold the eject button" and wait 45 seconds or more.. It worked for me but I waited over a minute or more... When it popped out I quickly grabbed the disk before it was swallowed up again.
Good luck
Unfortunately that didn't work ... I've been holding the button up to 2 minutes..

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by instruct9r
Unfortunately that didn't work ... I've been holding the button up to 2 minutes..

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
make sure your MMI is off in the car ( not just muted ) press n hold power/volume button down ... i have the latest MMI and the screen just shows the mmi logo...if u cant power down then try if with the car off

then retry the process press n hold the eject button on the unit in the trunk for 7 seconds...then wait a few minutes.. im not messing with u ..it took a long time for me... * u dont have to hold the button down the whole time..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i didn't sayd you are messing with me. Thanks for the advices i will try that in a few minutes.

If i understand now. The Engine shoud be off (so the MMI is off) when i press the button now the red light starts blinking and i can hear some sound from the device (like the disk starts spinning) it blink for some time and then it stops. I have to hhold it for 7, 8 seconds and release it.. and then wait few minutes? From you'r previous post i thought that i have to hold the button for 45 seconds...

I'll get back when i try

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here is it. I've made a video to show you.

Higher the volume to hear the sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOZYMbUJjs

The car is off as well as the device. When i hold the button the light starts blinking and you can cleary hear the sound that it produce, after few seconds it stops blinking and nothing happens after that. This happens the same if i push only (without holding) the button.

Could you tell me if there is a disk inside? Does you'r devices doing the same if there is a disk or no disk inside?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I hope somebody from audi AG reads this thread and will consider to replace CD/DVD with SD cards on the future models.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I actually can't believe and am realy dissapointed from that.

The car is bought february 2006. How could such device work only 4 years. And Audi wants 2000EUR for a new one.

You give more than 50k EUR and after 4 years the devices stops working... great
Old 01-06-2014, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by instruct9r
Hello... I am Denis from Bulgaria.. new user. Just registered.

I have one problem. From about 2 months i am proud owner of Audi A6 (C6) 3.0 TDI 2006. It happens that the DVD Navigation is not working. There is a disk with the navigation inside but it don't want to read or eject it. I have been in Audi's services to unlock the device but it still don't want to eject or read the DVD with the navigation. One friend told me to remove it and give it to some service or clean it my self.

The problem comes when i try to remove the device. It looks like i can't pull it out of that black metal place (where it's sitting) to remove the cables that are plugged in it. Could you please give me a hint how exactly i can remove the device because i can't reach it from the back to un-plug the cables. Is there a possible way to remove the black metal side so i can see and reach what's at the back of the device?

Here on the image you can see the maximum that i can pull it out before the cables at the back stops it: IMAGE

Thank you

Try to put your hand from underneath and you will feel on the right GPS cable and left power cable.the power one has a small bit you have to press and pull
Old 01-06-2014, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Try to get your hand behind from underneath.you will feel the plugs and you can remove them.but first take the unit out much as possible
Old 06-04-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

to remove the nav disc drive you need a set of mmi head unit removal tools:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Locate the thin slots at the bottom corners of the disc drive:

https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/media...s/dsc_0464.jpg

slot the tools in the slots until you here a click, then it is just a case of pulling on the tools to remove the unit. once out you will be able to take out the cables at the back of the unit.