A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 C6 - lights on after opening the car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 C6 - lights on after opening the car?

With the Coming - Leaving Home option (which I presume I have, as the options are there in the MMI), does Audi A6 C6 turn the head/tail lights on after opening the car with the remote key? The only "feature" I have right now is car turning the lights off with a delay after I leave and lock it.

My Peugeot 308 would do that, and I'm surprised I don't see it in Audi.

Both options (for "coming home" and "leaving home") ARE enabled in the MMI.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Leaving home
Condition: It should be dark enough outside
As you unlock the car, fog lights, tail lights and wing mirror lights will come on for about 60 seconds.
If you do nothing after 60 sec, the lights will turn off and the car will lock itself.
If you open any door except the driver's door, the lights will still stay on for 60 sec. The car won't lock itself.
If you open the driver's door, the lights will turn off. The car won't lock itself.

Coming home
Condition: It should be dark enough outside and ignition should be off
When you open the driver's door, fog lights, tail lights and wing mirror lights will come on for the time you defined in the MMI menu.
As you lock the car, they will still stay on for the time you defined in the MMI menu.

Here is an example of leaving home with my car:

Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks kelisko. The problem is, it doesn't work this way with my car! I have no idea why, but despite activating all the options it simply won't turn on the lights after unlocking from a key, no matter if it is dark or not outside. Coming home (lights staying up after locking the car, after parking in the garage) does work, though.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem? The light sensor seems perfectly functional, as it works just fine otherwise.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The function in mmi is active? They are not greyed out ?
What does battery info in mmi say? (if you have that option)
If battery is not showing 100% then battery manager will shut off functions like coming /leaving home 👍
Cheers /H
Old 02-27-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, the function is active and not greyed out, that's what's surprising.
I don't have the battery info option. It can be activated somehow from the grey menu, yes? I've been driving quite a lot recently anyway, so battery should be good. But from what I saw in the trunk, it's some no-name crap.
Anyway - the coming home feature works just fine... very odd.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Try disabling the option for some time, let's say a day. Use the car normally. The next day, re-enable it and try again. Just a thought. Not sure that would fix it but worth trying.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Odd. 🤔
Yeah battery monitor can be enabled from hidden menu.. Or the other one Or maybe both . 🤔.. Soo long ago I did that.. Can't remember right now... 😁
Old 02-27-2019, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do a easy test.. Put a charger over night (to the charging posts under bonnet)..
​​​​​​See next morning if it works 👍
Old 02-28-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, odd. I'll try enabling the battery menu and see then. Btw. it'd be hard to test it in the morning - guess why!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ekhangel
Yeah, odd. I'll try enabling the battery menu and see then. Btw. it'd be hard to test it in the morning - guess why!
well...charge couple of hours when possible and test then...
cant guess right now why you cant charge over night... :P ..(over here in cold country i have an charger that goes on every time i plug in engine heater....good to have!...i work night shifts also)
cheers/H

Quick Reply: A6 C6 - lights on after opening the car?