A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Adaptive lights question on 2005 Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the same issue but I don't want to shell out that much $$$$. Looks like terrible wire quality. Seems like someone at Audi spec'ed the cheapest wire they could find on this as it seems ALL the A6s from that era get the left headlight error. The passenger headlight is fine as it is not exposed to same amount of heat.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had that adaptive sign error and was solved reconnecting a broken wire.

Before go for expensive solution you have nothing to loose on try to fix them, even that you have to open the headlight (there are some interesting videos on youtube that show how to open those kind of headlights)
Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have exactly same code , replaced the ballast and the headlight and still on . Can you share the cure ? What was it?

Originally Posted by am_ver
Just got off the phone with my dealer. As per them, the motor can be replaced without having to replace the entire headlight.

The motor costs $111 and they think it can be replaced in a hour or maybe even half an hour (@$195/hour). A lot better than replacing the entire headlight.

Part number for motor is: 4f0941293A

Here is the error that I am receiving

Address 55: Xenon Range
Control Module Part Number: 4F0 910 357 C
Component and/or Version: AFS 1 H01 0030
Software Coding: 0000016
Work Shop Code: WSC 02325
Additional Info: 4F0941329B AFS-Modul links H02 0020 4F0941329B AFS-Modul

rechtsH02 0020
1 Fault Found

02627 - Dynamic Cornering Light Motor; Left (V318)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 00101010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 15
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 202296 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.10.03
Time: 18:37:22
Old 11-17-2017, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you share what was if ?? I am having the same issue .
Old 11-18-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

many people seem to open the back cover of the light and find bad wire coating or broken wire. my issue was the motor and worm gear that moves the light side to side as not smooth and tripped the code 02626. bought a new light as i didn't want to risk a used light from the same model year and for the money i just bit the bullet.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...626-a-2936046/
Old 11-20-2017, 10:22 AM
2005 A6 4.2

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall Spears
Can you share what was if ?? I am having the same issue .
The fix for most, is to pull the light off the car (follow procedure to discharge the lights before removing).
Open the back and you will see the cornering motor/servo. it has a bunch of little black wires to the base. Mine had a broken wire visible.
Just exposed more of the wire from the base and the cut wire and soldered a jumper wire, since the wire bundle is really tight and did not want to break the solder if the servo pulled to the extreme side.
You can look at the rest of the wires and if you see any broken or brittle wires, you can cut and replace or repair so as not to short out.

If there are no exposed/broken wires, then unfortunately you may actually have a bad servo motor. It cannot be removed without totally tearing the housing apart. Most likely will not be able to re-assemble. In this case a new or used light assembly is the option.

Mine is still working. (knock on wood) since my original post.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just to let you guys know that I've opened both my headlights (take out the "glass") and rewired them new and even changed the projectors to a new ones EVOX-R 2.0.
I don't lie and say that was easy... was difficult to open them and a little imagination to adapt the new projectors as they are a bit different. Anyway there are options that are straight change but those Evox-r 2.0 give stronger light (and how they give...).

So, before spending lots and lots of money consider open the headlights. After rewiring, cleaning and change the projectors if necessary they become better than new

Cheers.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rui Rosa
Just to let you guys know that I've opened both my headlights (take out the "glass") and rewired them new and even changed the projectors to a new ones EVOX-R 2.0.
I don't lie and say that was easy... was difficult to open them and a little imagination to adapt the new projectors as they are a bit different. Anyway there are options that are straight change but those Evox-r 2.0 give stronger light (and how they give...).

So, before spending lots and lots of money consider open the headlights. After rewiring, cleaning and change the projectors if necessary they become better than new

Cheers.
I sold my A6 awhile ago, but I’d be interested in seeing pics of what you did if you have them available. Sounds like a big job!
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry, unfortunatly I didn't take any pictures. But you can find many information regarding renew headlights on youtube.
Also on facebook if you search "European Headlight Community" you can check what people around the world is doing with headlights and how they upgrade them.

One thing is important to tell: there is a big difference how to open headlights that are sealed with butyl and those that are sealed with permaseal, like audi A6 C6.

Open headlights that are sealed with butyl is very easy with a heatgun.The glue will get soft and will open easy.
To open headlights sealed with permaseal (some kind of strong silicon) forget about heat the glue... First you need to force a corner, maybe heat the black plastic, then put some oil spray and try to open bit by bit with a screwdriver without heat as this won't do anything to the glue.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My driver's side AFS headlight took a shiet last year w/ no broken wires, so I found a used replacement w/ no broken tabs on ebay. Now, not even a year later, the passenger side is throwing a warning light on the dash, with no broken wires so I've ordered another replacement. Seems like right around 11-12 years, these things take a ****. I don't know how much longer I'm gonna keep this car...

Quick Reply: Adaptive lights question on 2005 Audi A6