A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Aftermarket Bluetooth via FM Mod (iSimple Product)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Bluetooth via FM Mod (iSimple Product)

I am currently using one of those cheapo cigarette lighter powered Bluetooth -> FM Transmitters to play podcasts and such from my phone through my A6's radio (2006 A6Q 3.2L.) I am looking to change out that unit and I often have trouble getting it to pair correctly and am still looking for things to stay relatively cheap.

My car does not have an AMI port at all and I'm not shelling out for a Denison, etc (~$500) as superb quality (direct aux-in) is not my primary goal. I'm mostly listening to news/sports, etc.

Looking at this iSimple ISFM23 TranzIt Universal Bluetooh Enabled FM Transmitter:

Amazon Amazon

It basically goes in-line through a standard antenna port and allows for a switch to deactivate the actual antenna if/when you are getting interference from a broadcast station. It should allow me to pair reliably, eliminate some of the static I get is certain areas, and free up my cigarette lighters for other purposes. For $40.

My question: Where is the antenna plug in (is it in the trunk or up front somewhere) and is it a standard connector the iSimple is using for or will I need some kind of adapter? Wherever it is, is there an easy accessory/power connection and ground in the same location I can tap into. (I did search, I swear.)

Any thoughts appreciated. If I get some feedback I'll purchase the unit and take some pics of the install for any interested party.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into the same device, from what I can tell you would need an adapter to go from the standard audi connector to a normal antenna connector and then another adapter to go back and at that point it looked to be too much of a hassle to bother.
Enfig AAA-VWAUD1

Enfig has a bunch of connectivity options if you decide to pursue that route.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jlfirehawk
I looked into the same device, from what I can tell you would need an adapter to go from the standard audi connector to a normal antenna connector and then another adapter to go back and at that point it looked to be too much of a hassle to bother.
Enfig AAA-VWAUD1

Enfig has a bunch of connectivity options if you decide to pursue that route.

Thanks for this -- I will look into the adaptors. Do you know if the antenna connection is in the trunk or up front? Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to imagine it is in the back where all the main units are on the left side along with the Satelite and Bose Amp etc.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm going to try the combination of these three items -- wish me luck! If anyone sees anything obviously wrong with this, please let me know!

Headunit to Bluetooth
Amazon Amazon

Bluetooth to Antenna
Amazon Amazon

Bluetooth Unit
Amazon Amazon