A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi A6 memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A6 memory seats

Hello.
I bought a 2009 audi a6 and it has electric seats but no memory funktions. Old owner wanted to add but it went so far that he got memory buttons for the doors and istalled them. He said power in there coz button lights are are working. Both sides the. He said u need some modules etc.
So my question is what things i need more and what should i do to get them working?
Or has someone retrofited the same thing?

Best regards
T.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im not 100% on this but I think You'll need a comfort control module that supports memory seats, this is also called the bluetooth module but the bluetooth is just the little chip that plugs into it. You would also have to wire it all up as your car wont have the correct harnesses and there is also a module in the driver door. Also you'll need someone to remove component protection after you install it all. (Probably take it to the stealer for that)
Old 10-14-2018, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Any idea of the part numbers? I have a friend who sells c6 parts and i could get all the stuff i need from another car and swap into my car but does it mather if its pre or fl c6? Last owner tryed to do it but audi audi dealers repair guy didnt get it to work. I wont give up so easly it shouldnt be tricky coz if the wiring, modules and other stuff are done then its all in the coding i think.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ESTMan
Any idea of the part numbers? I have a friend who sells c6 parts and i could get all the stuff i need from another car and swap into my car but does it mather if its pre or fl c6? Last owner tryed to do it but audi audi dealers repair guy didnt get it to work. I wont give up so easly it shouldnt be tricky coz if the wiring, modules and other stuff are done then its all in the coding i think.
I'll have to look through old parts and see if I see the modules with part numbers. I have never seen one without memory seats so it's hard to know exactly which parts it encompasses. Anyways is it possible he installed the correct wiring and parts but never coded the can bus correctly for the new feature?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well in audi dealer a repair guy told him what parts to buy, he bought them used and did everything he asked and then took the car to him. And then he coudnt do it . Then the last owner took modules and some part out to take them back and get his money back. If i can get a new and bether guide and part numbers then i will try myself and find a bether repair guy who knows more about it and will code for me. Ofc i have vcds myself but not an expert at it