AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   Audi service techs keep losing hardware (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/audi-service-techs-keep-losing-hardware-2791816/)

chuckee98 10-02-2010 08:37 AM

Audi service techs keep losing hardware

So I bring my car in for its annual oil change, as part of the Audi Care package that I purchased. Service Advisor was excellent - an Audi enthusiast with an B8 S4. Tells me he has one of their best techs working on car, supposedly very meticulous. I get the car back home, and do a once over on it, and find - FOR THE SECOND TIME - missing splash shield attachment hardware. How hard is it for these techs to hold onto and reuse the damn hardware?

My first oil change last year was the same - missing two of the plastic "dowel pins" used to hold the fender liner to the splash shield. I thought that he was being lazy and didn't bother to put the center dowel pins back. So this time, I decided to pull those out and put them aside before bringing it in, and just leave the outer two of the three on. I get it back, and I now have two dowel pins on one side, and one on the other. Sheesh. One would think that the "elite" techs certified to work on an S6 would be better than your "average Joe" techs, but I guess not. Thank God that I bought a whole bunch of spare attachment hardware bits last year.

** end rant **

jeffry 10-02-2010 01:28 PM

LOL bad luck that was I change all my oils..

KevinGary 10-02-2010 01:49 PM

Which Long Island dealer are you using? I want to make sure that I stay away from them.

chuckee98 10-03-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 24040981)
Which Long Island dealer are you using? I want to make sure that I stay away from them.

To be honest, other than the missing hardware, the two techs did not do anything that would cause me to go elsewhere (yet). I've heard horror stories of other Audi dealerships, and experienced them myself with other brands, so I think that I'm being reasonable. Next time I'll mention my experience with the missing hardware prior to the actual work being done so that they make sure not to lose them.

Without naming names, the dealership is on the North Shore of Long Island in Nassau county.

V6UnderPressure 10-03-2010 07:02 PM

Im sure that is the same dealer that I use as well. The only problem that I have with them is that they can never repair the problem the same day no matter how big or how small. I always have to make another trip because they do not have the part, could not repair it in one day etc. The appointments are always scheduled. My last Audi I purchased from Anchor and the service I received there was 10x better.

KevinGary 10-04-2010 02:27 AM

I have been verry happy with Huntington Audi.

MainlandMig 10-06-2010 08:36 PM

ditto

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 12513

3 screws missing from BOTH side..6 screws..really...really?

bought the car in Feb..they the only ones serviced my car ..have only done 2 oil changes..so i am certain where the blame falls

V6UnderPressure 10-07-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by MainlandMig (Post 24043084)
Attachment 12513

3 screws missing from BOTH side..6 screws..really...really?

bought the car in Feb..they the only ones serviced my car ..have only done 2 oil changes..so i am certain where the blame falls

Happened to me as well. I went back to them and they wanted to charge me to replace them. They said they must have fell out. I said BS and I argued and they finally gave in.

A4 to A8 10-07-2010 08:48 AM

Does anybody have the part# for those screws?
I have a few missing and would like to order them

fe342185 10-07-2010 10:26 AM

I bought my car (08C6) used from the dealer and I was also missing one from each side. The car had black wire ties instead of screws. I'm not sure if the dealer put them on or not though.