A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Bose Surround Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speakers are not covered under CPO.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you take a pic of this and list part numbers?
Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STEALTH_6
Not understanding what it is that they gave you... Name or Part #?
LOUDSPEAKER # 4F0-035-412-A i didnt replace it yet though... it was $ 110
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

guys, i know its been a while since this thread went around. i finally removed the door panel. first of all the dealer sold me the wrong freaken speaker in first place.
then i looked at the one that seemed it was blown, the very lower one w/Bose logo on it turns out the the "glue" that in the middle of the speaker was i guess old due to heat and cold and lost its hold, and it was detached. so what i did , i added some adhesive silicone, all around the area where the initial glue was and left it over nigh (dont use the system), and checked it today , the speaker doesn't make noise anymore.
i know its a ghetto fix, but saved over 300, and even if it were CPO it wouldn't be covered.

hope it helpes , since over time i guess they do go bad...
Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcamaj
guys, i know its been a while since this thread went around. i finally removed the door panel. first of all the dealer sold me the wrong freaken speaker in first place.
then i looked at the one that seemed it was blown, the very lower one w/Bose logo on it turns out the the "glue" that in the middle of the speaker was i guess old due to heat and cold and lost its hold, and it was detached. so what i did , i added some adhesive silicone, all around the area where the initial glue was and left it over nigh (dont use the system), and checked it today , the speaker doesn't make noise anymore.
i know its a ghetto fix, but saved over 300, and even if it were CPO it wouldn't be covered.

hope it helpes , since over time i guess they do go bad...
I too have the distortion/cracking/popping speaker on my C6. Mine is on passenger door. Its a very common issue. Audi/bose should have used a better adhesive or speaker material. Mine is left passenger side bass/sub speaker. (the lower one of the 3). even used the speaker is pricey. I have read others saying the new part includes a long attached casing and also read others doing the DIY silicone adhesive repair. Some wanting a more permanent fix have even gone to car stereo retailers and bought after market speakers...because of fitments to door panel they just gutted the speaker but kept the housing and just installed the new speaker in existing housing.

Is ther a DIY door panel removal anywhere??
If u could describe the difficulty level or hardest part of door panel removal that would be helpful...i want to try DIY repair myself.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

yep, this guy did a greattttt job on explaining.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...e-door-panel.*

and its not hard at all.... i would by new door clips though
#6Q0-868--243. you need i think 4 or 5 , i forgot.

he removed it replace the LED bar which i also replaced , they seem to go bad...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bringing this thread back to life...

I finally got some free time and courage to open her up. I was going to try the ghetto fix by adding adhesive on the speaker to fix the distortion but i found that the plastic dome (or cone w/e its called) piece was actually torn not just separated from main body.
I am in no mood to pay $300 plus to replace it ( # 7 on one ETKA print out) so i went with ghetto fix option 2 and decided to just remove the dome center cap completely. (sorry audiophiles) can someone confirm if can replace just the speaker it self or is the whole black plastic casing that runs along the length of the door needed with the speaker itself?

the door panel is still off so before install it back i hope to take some more pics tomorrow to help others with door panel removal

Last edited by MainlandMig; 06-20-2011 at 06:07 PM.