A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Climate Control settings missing from MMI after upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, but I cannot see the setup parts either.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

You can eliminate the climate control screen by subtracting the value ID'd in the measuring block (i.e., -32), and re–entering that value.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Most of those VAG adapters on eBay are cheaply made (i.e., Chinese) copies of the Ross Tech adapters. You will still need the VAG–COM software, which is downloaded from their website. The cheap adapaters may or may not work, but the only way to ensure you have a fully compliant working system is to purchase the adapter from Ross Tech, and then download the appropriate software version. If you plan on doing your own maintenance or repairs for your Audi, then you should invest in VAG–COM with a Ross Tech adapter.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Question: does the newest MMI update include some of the cool pop-up/picture-on-picture display features found in the 3G MMI? For example, on the new MMI system, when you're adjusting climate the whole screen doesn't change to climate control, but rather a little pop-up appears in the corner and then fades away.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Question: does the newest MMI update include some of the cool pop-up/picture-on-picture display features found in the 3G MMI? For example, on the new MMI system, when you're adjusting climate the whole screen doesn't change to climate control, but rather a little pop-up appears in the corner and then fades away.
Unfortunately no, I have the latest version and the whole screen still changes.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6Gary
You can eliminate the climate control screen by subtracting the value ID'd in the measuring block (i.e., -32), and re–entering that value.
but will i also lose the setup function?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How come in VCDS I cannot access channel 11? It's disabled?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Update: After you perform the MMI update and follow the directions here to restore the Climate Control Settings, you may notice that the settings are not shown correctly, i.e., driver's controls are ID'd as Passenger, and passenger controls are ID'd as Driver. I noticed this problem this past weekend, and discovered that TSB #2017424/3 addresses the problem. To implement this TSB, you will need to take your car to the dealer because it requires the VAS 5051/5052 scan tool to correctly adapt the front control head. The problem is that the MMI update and the follow-on task to add +32 value to Channel 11 in the control head module makes the MMI think the car is a right-hand drive. I had my local Audi dealer correct this today with the total cost being one hour labor.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey, guys!

Hate to resurrect such an old thread, but I encountered the very same issue on my Audi A5 8T3 2008 after updating its MMI 2G HI to 5570 (the latest European version available).

I updated the MMI version as I was supposed to, not skipping any previous ones, using the 3 CDs in the correct order, etc. I'm an IT guy and know my way around computers / software. Re-checked everything, no components are due for upgrades as far as the CDs are concerned, so I reckon everything is up to date software-wise.

I enabled the hidden green menu with VCDS, put a check mark on everything relevant to the AC controls there (diagnostic settings / menu maske, you name it), applied the new settings, properly rebooted the MMI. Then used VCDS to check the adaptation of 07 - Control Head, Channel 11, the already stored value was 117 and I established it is the correct one as I am only missing +00256 AUX-IN installed and +00002 One Touch Memory (Fingerprint NEW...), so the sum of the others I have is 1 + 4 + 16 + 32 + 64 = 117

It looks as if I have exhausted all options to get this to work and it is beyond me why it's not.

Before updating the MMI, fiddling with the AC controls (AC Plus) and the heated seats resulted in a graphic being displayed on the MMI screen, which was pretty cool and convenient. Also, I used to have the AC settings under CAR (I believe, may have been someplace else), but now they are missing completely.

Any advices are welcome

Last edited by ALLEyezOnMe; 06-13-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Climate Control settings missing from MMI after upgrade