A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Complete Audio Install

Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for taking pics and sharing!!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

No problem, happy to help my Audi lovers!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks this thread is very helpful!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Isn't this easier?

Okay, one question and one short cut.

Question. Could you please provide wire colors for factory amp out woofers (left and right)?

Shortcut. Instead of running a remote wire all the way from fuse box, isn't easier to use a PAC that has a remote wire. (ex.http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...s_020909.pdf)?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Isn't this easier?

Question. Could you please provide wire colors for factory amp out woofers (left and right)?

Shortcut. Instead of running a remote wire all the way from fuse box, isn't easier to use a PAC that has a remote wire. (ex.http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...s_020909.pdf)?

Also from what I am understanding, you are combining left and right channels on the LOC together allowing you to tap into one 2 (1 + and 1 -) instead of 4 speaker wires meaning if you change balance on the head unit from left to right or vise versa, your sub sound will go off (depending on which side speakers you tapped)
Another thing, by tapping simply into speak wires, you get very crappy sound quality compared if you were to tap onto "amp out to woofer, if I am not mistaken pins 5, 15,16 and 17)

Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audia6s

Also from what I am understanding, you are combining left and right channels on the LOC together allowing you to tap into one 2 (1 + and 1 -) instead of 4 speaker wires meaning if you change balance on the head unit from left to right or vise versa, your sub sound will go off (depending on which side speakers you tapped)
Another thing, by tapping simply into speak wires, you get very crappy sound quality compared if you were to tap onto "amp out to woofer, if I am not mistaken pins 5, 15,16 and 17)

Thanks
You are 100% correct about many things but our main problem is the question you asked. No one can come up with a Wire diagram. I am in the process of re-wiring soon because i've noticed when I go into the DSP Bose, and change from NORMAL TO DRIVER My Bass hits like a freaking monster and makes about 50-60% more power. I have been requesting a wire diagram from Bose but there no help.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
You are 100% correct about many things but our main problem is the question you asked. No one can come up with a Wire diagram. I am in the process of re-wiring soon because i've noticed when I go into the DSP Bose, and change from NORMAL TO DRIVER My Bass hits like a freaking monster and makes about 50-60% more power. I have been requesting a wire diagram from Bose but there no help.
After long research and looking around I found for OnDemand and ELSA being the best software. OnDemand gave me wiring diagrams.

I wrote a thread about three weeks ago on how to connect/tap to factory amp (LOW Outputs) and make everything works. Works like a charm for me. Here is the thread:

http://audiforum.us/c6-platform/1669...8-audi-a6.html

My speaker box DIY you already saw so I am not gonna go into that lol

PM me if any questions.

Last edited by audia6s; 12-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:12 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

just took a look at the thread, Nice info. Pics would have been awesome! Can you point out the color of the wires that you have labeled as PIN, 5,15,16,17. Also did you figure out which wire is the remote turn on?

The pac looks nice but I am going to be keeping my LOC, and just wire everything individually instead of combining ++/--
Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You can try to get a "remote" signal from your HI / LO converter? The objectives of the blue comes through. Its suppose to send a "remote" signal to your amp, it becomes hi signal of speaker wire.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
just took a look at the thread, Nice info. Pics would have been awesome! Can you point out the color of the wires that you have labeled as PIN, 5,15,16,17. Also did you figure out which wire is the remote turn on?

The pac looks nice but I am going to be keeping my LOC, and just wire everything individually instead of combining ++/--
I don't really remember the colors but as I remember, wires out of pins 5 and 15 will be somewhat the same. What I mean 5 and 15 will have more color in common vs. 16 and 17. We"ll say 5 will be "brown" with yellow line and "15" will be just "brown. Where 16 will be "gray" and 17 "gray" with White line. Don't remember exact cloring though and really don't want to disassemble everything again lol

I did not bother looking for remote wire as my LOC had it. If your LOC doesn't have one, I would recommend running a wire from fuse box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete Audio Install