A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Confirmed: MMI 2G High > Add AMI + Tune2Air = Bluetooth Music Goodness

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MNFarmboy
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but been struggling with his for a while on my 2008 A6 C6. Bought the bovee 1000wma to plug into my iPod dongle in my glove box (ami is my understanding) and I cannot get it to work with my iPhone 7plus. Did I purchase the wrong Bluetooth connector?
It looks like you may have ordered the wrong one. I used the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter, not the 1000wma you bought. I can confirm that it's still working and I've just gotten the iPhone X and it works exactly as before, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue with your iPhone 7 Plus. I recall when doing the research that the 1000wma is different and lacked some features/capabilities necessary to make it all work...I'd suggest you get the 3000.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Seallroad,

thanks for the input. I was afraid I f that but I didn’t want to buy another one until I found a solution.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry, a question. I have the iPod dongle in the car already. Can I plug the 3000a into that or do I have to remove the dongle that is in there?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

yeah, that didn't work. Does the same thing as the Tune2Air Bovee 1000. it connects to blue tooth but don't hear anything into the car. On sound source select AMI and says nothing on the play list. I have spent hours researching this and I am no closer to a solution. Is there some kind of setting somewhere???
Old 07-20-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Anyone got a set for sale?

Just bought an Audi A6 C6 with MMI 2 High for my wife today. Only realized the system does not connect to a phone as expected once we got home.

It's a long shot, but anyone here by any chance breaking their ride or looking to sell these components?
Looking to setup Bluetooth in this car, or unit to have an AMI port available so that I can purchase a Bluetooth dongle to work with it.

Have looked all over, but can't find anything local available.
I am based in London btw
Old 07-21-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed the below item.

.USB AUX Car Kit adapter for Audi MMI 2G Bluetooth A2DP A6 C6/4F A5

Bluetooth and Aux work great.

Navigation between using in car controls songs with bluetooth and with USB not great - on Android. I do not have an iphone so I can not speak for that.

If you are ok with controlling via phone it is one of the best options out there

Last edited by jeffpuxx; 07-22-2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: FORGOT LINK
Old 11-15-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I acquired a winter ride, a 2006 A6Q. 2G high MMI. The wife has to have ipod. I looked around a lot, there sure are a lot of opinions. I bought the genuine Audi update cd’s for the MMI, and updated everything first. I found the AMI unit on ebay. Pulled out the changer, plugged the AMI unit in, and it’s done. Ipod success. It even works with the wife’s new iphone and the 30-pin to lightning adapter.

I stuck the changer in the empty lower slot in the trunk. I simply scotch-locked the 3-wire plug in parallel to the DVD unit for the NAV. I bought a 1’ MOST cable from ebay and added the changer to the chain. In and out are important, pay attention. Next, Sirius didn’t have the channel she wanted, so I bought an XM unit, swapped it out and called it in. Up and running. Next, we didn’t have voice control. What the Hell, we’re on a roll. I found a radio with voice in the junkyard, $60. I pulled the voice unit out and stuck it in my tuner. Component protection enabled. It had to go to the dealer anyway for the airbag recall, so they removed the CP for $125. We now have voice control. It isn't real impressive, but at least it dials the phone.

After reading Seallroad’s post about the Bluetooth, I ordered a ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A unit. Hopefully, we have the same success. I’ll find out when it gets here. She’d rather not have to plug it in.

Does anyone know how the phone functions in conjunction with the Bluetooth adapter? We need BT phone, we’d like BT music.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frickjp
I acquired a winter ride, a 2006 A6Q. 2G high MMI. The wife has to have ipod. I looked around a lot, there sure are a lot of opinions. I bought the genuine Audi update cd’s for the MMI, and updated everything first. I found the AMI unit on ebay. Pulled out the changer, plugged the AMI unit in, and it’s done. Ipod success. It even works with the wife’s new iphone and the 30-pin to lightning adapter.

I stuck the changer in the empty lower slot in the trunk. I simply scotch-locked the 3-wire plug in parallel to the DVD unit for the NAV. I bought a 1’ MOST cable from ebay and added the changer to the chain. In and out are important, pay attention. Next, Sirius didn’t have the channel she wanted, so I bought an XM unit, swapped it out and called it in. Up and running. Next, we didn’t have voice control. What the Hell, we’re on a roll. I found a radio with voice in the junkyard, $60. I pulled the voice unit out and stuck it in my tuner. Component protection enabled. It had to go to the dealer anyway for the airbag recall, so they removed the CP for $125. We now have voice control. It isn't real impressive, but at least it dials the phone.

After reading Seallroad’s post about the Bluetooth, I ordered a ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A unit. Hopefully, we have the same success. I’ll find out when it gets here. She’d rather not have to plug it in.

Does anyone know how the phone functions in conjunction with the Bluetooth adapter? We need BT phone, we’d like BT music.
You will probably need to pair the phone directly to the car for BT Phone and pair the phone to the BT adapter for audio
Old 11-19-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Installed the WMA3000 unit, purchased new from Amazon. It does nothing. AMI 2G hi, ipod cable works fine with ipod now. Latest updates. Wifes phone works fine with 30-pin to lightning adapter. Neither her iphone, nor my real phone can see the Bovee unit. Does anyone actually have this unit working with factory AMI?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by frickjp
Installed the WMA3000 unit, purchased new from Amazon. It does nothing. AMI 2G hi, ipod cable works fine with ipod now. Latest updates. Wifes phone works fine with 30-pin to lightning adapter. Neither her iphone, nor my real phone can see the Bovee unit. Does anyone actually have this unit working with factory AMI?
Yes, I have it working with factory AMI. It's a bit of a kludge solution for Androids (reverse-engineered Apple protocol) and a PITA if you want to easily swap between different phones for streaming. Generally, it works fine but it is NOT what I would call flawless. All I had to do was plug it into the AMI unit (several times, and many times since).

You may also want to check out this vendor. I was about to when my WMA3000 wouldn't connect for a day. I have to be able to stream music.

http://a2dp4audi.com/

Last edited by TristanP; 11-20-2018 at 04:52 AM.