A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Does this sound right, email from dealer svc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound right, email from dealer svc.

My satellite was greyed out when i picked it up. I unhooked it and rebooted it and it worked for 4 days until I had to do that again, its now working 2 days in. This is what they are saying, in a nut shell they say a new battery. Does it sound right, don;t want to drop $$ for one if it sounds incorrect.

"After speaking to the Audi certified technician about the radio situation with your car, you car was throwing multiple battery fault codes. This is different from a normal drain test on your battery. The fact that the battery tested fine elsewhere for power has nothing to do with the fact that the Audi specific computer read battery fault codes. your battery is holding power fine, but there are shorts in the battery that are causing static and power loss in your radio. What Fiore told you to do will reset the radio for now, but in my experience the problem will come back, with possible other problems with other electronic components of the car. The best thing we could have told you to do was to replace the battery to eliminate the problem. Resetting the radio is just a bandaid."

Last edited by joedirt1; 01-19-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: more info